California is among the top states for pedestrian accidents with over 20,000 serious injuries and nearly 2,000 deaths each year. California pedestrian injuries are usually caused by distracted drivers, especially drivers who are texting. Without quality legal representation, victims may find it difficult to recover compensation of medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional suffering resulting from pedestrian accident injuries.
Auto versus pedestrian accidents almost always result in serious injuries. Pedestrians struck by a vehicle are often injured and disoriented, but here are a few critical things to remember if you are a pedestrian accident victim or your witness a pedestrian accident injury:
- Insist that a report is filed with the authorities
- Obtain contact information, insurance, license plate and driver’s license numbers of everyone involved
- Gather witness information
- Take photographs
- Seek medical attention
- Contact a reputable attorney
- Do not give statements to an insurance representative
- Sign nothing without first discussing your rights with a knowledgeable attorney
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, please contact one of our pedestrian injury lawyers for a free case consultation.
Free Case Consultation
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.