NHTSA’s Annual Lifesavers Conference
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has recently issued a press release about their Annual Lifesavers Conference. At this year’s conference, officials with the NHTSA honored 16 individuals and organizations for their dedication and commitment to improving highway safety throughout the country. The Annual Lifesavers Conference is the largest assembly of highway safety professionals in the nation. The NHTSA awarded their top Public Service Award to those who have shown tireless efforts and outstanding contributions to highway safety.
34th Annual Lifesavers Conference
The 34th Annual Lifesavers Conference was held in Long Beach, CA from April 3-5, 2016. The NHTSA expected more than 2,500 participants and 90 exhibitors. Emerging traffic safety data and proven life-saving programs and practices were highlighted issues at this year’s conference. During the conference, 16 prestigious Public Service Awards were given out to various individuals and organizations. Listed below are the 16 winners of this year’s Public Service Awards.
NHTSA’s Public Service Award Winners
- Colonel Michael Edmonson / Deputy Secretary of Public Safety Services, Louisiana State Police- Baton Rouge, LA
- Lieutenant Scott Harner / Ocean City Police Department – Ocean City, MD
- Deborah Hersman / President and CEO of the National Safety Council – Itasca, IL
- Johnny Humphreys / Safe Kids Texas Heatstroke Task Force – Austin, TX
- Judge Joseph Kavanaugh / Professor National Judicial College – Alexandria, VA
- Dr. Beau Kilmer / Co-Director of RAND’s Drug Policy Research Center – Santa Monica, CA
- Officer Joey Koher / West Virginia Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) Coordinator – Huntington, WV
- Thelma Kuska / National Child passenger Safety Board – Palos Hills, IL
- Carl McDonald / MADD’s National Law Enforcement Initiatives Manager – Casper, WY
- Rep. Lee B. Perry / Utah State House of Representatives – Bingham, UT
- Susan Price / Senior Deputy District Attorney for the Orange County District Attorney’s Office – Santa Ana, CA
- Greg Raisman / Executive Director Neighborhood Greenways – Portland, Or
- Sergeant Luis Taborda / Miami Police Department – Miami, FL
- Joanne Thomka / Program Director of the National Traffic Law Center, National District Attorney’s Association – Alexandria, VA
- Cathy Tuttle / Executive Director Neighborhood Greenways – Seattle, WA
- Dr. William Haddon, (Posthumously) / US DOT 50th Anniversary Award Winner.
From the team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., congratulations to all of the Public Service Award winners, and thanks for your dedication to improving roadway safety across the nation.