Albany Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
It’s easy to overlook the hazards we face on a daily basis, but a serious injury can happen almost anywhere and at any time. You might encounter a distracted driver on your morning commute to work, a slippery floor at the supermarket, or an aggressive dog at the beach. If you or someone you love was hurt due to another person’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing, you may be entitled to damages. The Albany personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you need to put the pieces back together and move on with life.
Our law firm has a history of success in complicated settlement negotiations and litigation. We have an unparalleled knowledge of California personal injury laws and proceedings, and you can count on our highly experienced team to protect your rights through every step of the claims process.
We have helped clients obtain more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts. To learn more about Harris Personal Injury Lawyers or to schedule a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS. If you cannot come to our office, one of our attorneys can come to you.
Accident Cases Our Injury Attorneys Handle in Albany, California
- Auto Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Large Truck Accidents
- Accidents Involving Rideshare Vehicles
- Accidents Involving Turo Vehicles
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
- Premises Liability
- Slips and Falls
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Helicopter, Airplane, & Other Aircraft Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Steps to Take After an Injury; Minor or Major
If you were hurt in a sudden accident, it’s only natural to feel stressed, depressed, and even frustrated—especially if another person’s negligence is to blame. But it is important that you are careful about what you say and do in the aftermath of a serious injury because the insurance company will likely search for reasons to dispute your claim.
Here are just a few tips to keep in mind:
- Visit the Doctor: If you put off your medical evaluation, your injuries could worsen, which might lead to a less favorable prognosis. Also, you might have suffered a severe injury that has latent symptoms such as brain trauma or an internal injury. Getting prompt treatment not only has the potential to shorten your recovery time and prevent complications, but it might also help you avoid a dispute with the insurance company. The claims adjuster may argue that your choice to delay the evaluation contributed to your injuries, and you could therefore be held partially responsible for your medical bills and other damages.
- Take It Easy: If your doctor tells you to avoid strenuous physical activity, it is essential that you follow his or her instructions. Otherwise, the insurance company might contend that your own negligence caused your injuries to worsen. The thought of taking time off work might seem distressing if your medical bills are mounting, but it may be necessary to give your claim the best possible chance of success.
- Ask Your Doctor for Documentation to Justify Missed Work: If your injuries are forcing you to take time off work, ask your physician for documentation to prove as much. This may prevent the claims adjuster from disputing your lost wage calculations.
- Set Your Social Media Accounts to ‘Private’: Many insurance companies have made reviewing social media accounts part of the standard claims investigation. They are looking for any posts about your accident or injuries, as well as photos of you taken before and after the incident. A seemingly benign post about your recovery could be misrepresented by the insurer to downplay the severity of your injuries. It is best to disable your social media accounts while your case is ongoing, but at the very least, you should set your accounts to private and tell your friends and family not to publish anything about you, your recovery, or your case.
- Do Not Give a Recorded Statement: Your emails and recorded statements might be misrepresented by the insurance company to dispute your claim. The best way to avoid making a compromising statement is to let your Albany personal injury lawyer handle this correspondence for you.
- Call an Attorney: The smartest step you can take to protect your interests after a serious injury or wrongful death in the family is to consult a seasoned lawyer. Your personal injury attorney can answer your questions, explain what to expect over the coming weeks and months, compile evidence, interview witnesses, consult medical and financial experts, handle settlement negotiations, and litigate your case if it goes to court.
Speak with an Albany Personal Injury Attorney Today: Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
If your financial security is at stake after a severe injury or death in the family, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your rights. For a free consultation, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message on our contact page.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|