Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
It takes less than a second for a serious accident to happen, but the resulting pain and emotional distress can last for months. Some victims never make a full recovery. Beyond the physical and psychological trauma, the cost of medical care and lost income can threaten the financial future of the entire family. Our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys understand the adversity you’re facing, and we’re ready to help you fight for the compensation you need to get your life back.
We’ve represented thousands of clients in a wide array of personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our track record of success speaks for itself—with more than $300,000,000 recovered for clients. Insurance companies throughout California know that we don’t settle for anything less than our clients deserve, and we’re not afraid to go to trial if they refuse to cooperate.
We offer free consultations and accept cases on a contingency fee basis. Call our 24-hour phone-line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with a member of our team.
Types of Claims our Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys Handle:
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Scooter Injuries
- Bike Accidents
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Airplane & Other Aircraft Accidents
- Public, Tour, & Other Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Dog Bites & Other Animal Attacks
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Trauma
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
How Can I Strengthen My Personal Injury Case?
Many people assume that filing a personal injury claim is a fairly straightforward process. Unfortunately, this is far from true. A dispute can arise at any moment of the proceedings and derail your entire case. Even if you have strong evidence to prove fault, there’s no guarantee that the insurance company will cooperate and pay a fair settlement.
It’s wise to prepare for all eventualities by taking steps to strengthen your claim such as:
- Undergoing an Immediate Medical Evaluation: Your first step is to seek medical attention. No matter how minor your injury seems, getting an evaluation right away is essential if you intend to file a personal injury claim. Without official documentation of your injury and symptoms, it will be difficult to tie your injury to the accident and to prove its severity.
- Preserving Evidence: It’s not uncommon for a seemingly insignificant piece of evidence to play a critical role in proving liability or damages. For example, if you crashed your vehicle due to an auto part defect, it’s important that you preserve the vehicle so your attorney and relevant experts can evaluate the damage. If you get the vehicle repaired, it might be difficult to prove that the part was defective or that the defect was the actual or proximate cause of the accident. To avoid disposing of important evidence, it’s a good idea to speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
- Calling a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer: The guidance of a skilled personal injury attorney can help you avoid critical mistakes that would lead to unnecessary disputes, delays, and complications. The sooner your lawyer can investigate your case, the better. Essential evidence might be altered or otherwise become unavailable. The best time to contact an attorney is immediately after you undergo a medical evaluation, which should take place on the same day of the injury but certainly no later than 48 hours afterward.
- Not Speaking to the Insurance Company: Do you remember what you were doing in the moments leading up to the accident? Which parts of your body are in pain? Have you been able to return to work? These questions might seem simple and straightforward, but your answers may be taken out of context to dispute your claim. Insurance companies are businesses like any other, so one of their primary goals is to pay claimants as little as possible. In pursuit of that goal, insurance adjusters often ask leading questions to elicit responses that can be used to deny or undervalue claims. The bottom line: Your lawyer should handle all correspondence with anyone affiliated with the insurance company.
- Limiting Your Social Media Activity: Social media posts are often used by insurance companies to dispute liability or damages. To protect your claim, it’s a good idea to disable your social media profiles until the conclusion of the proceedings.
- Following Your Doctor’s Orders: If you do anything that might cause your injuries to worsen, the insurance company may refuse to pay for 100 percent of your damages. By following your doctor’s orders, you’ll be less likely to face a dispute regarding a failure to mitigate your damages.
Speak with a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer Today
We’re available 24 hours a day to take your call. For a free consultation, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message on our Contact Page.