Very few motorcyclists are able to walk away from an accident scene unscathed. Brain trauma, road rash, broken bones, nerve damage, and spinal cord injuries are all common in these crashes. If you’re facing steep healthcare bills and time off work due to a collision that someone else caused, our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
With many decades of combined experience, our attorneys know the most effective strategies to employ at each stage of the proceedings. Our goal is to get you fairly compensated as soon as possible, but we’re not afraid to go to trial if the insurance company refuses to cooperate. Contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case evaluation.
Types of Cases Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles Handle
- Motorcycle-Car Accidents
- Motorcycle-Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle-Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle-Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle-Turo Accidents
- Motorcycle-Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle-Scooter Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents Resulting in Catastrophic Injury
- DUI Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death Motorcycle Accidents
- Other Motorcycle Accidents
Reasons to Hire a Skilled Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Chances are you’ve never had to hire a personal injury lawyer before, so you may be wondering if you should handle the claims process on your own. Unfortunately, insurance companies will go to great lengths to deny or undervalue claims, so if you’ve been seriously injured or lost a family member, it’s critical that you enlist the help of a highly experienced and well-credentialed motorcycle accident attorney.
Below are just a few ways a lawyer can help you navigate the proceedings:
- Investigating the Accident: The best attorneys understand how important it is to perform an immediate and thorough investigation. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can get to work right away to compile time-sensitive evidence. We can also apply legal pressure to obtain evidence that’s being withheld.
- Locating Eyewitnesses: If you weren’t able to write down the contact information of eyewitnesses, our attorneys can search for people who witnessed the crash so they can provide testimony if needed.
- Obtaining Video Footage: It’s possible that a surveillance camera or dash-cam recorded the incident. Our lawyers can search for surveillance cameras near the scene and try to access their footage. We may also be able to locate other drivers who were at the scene and ask if they have dash-cam footage of the crash.
- Overcoming Disputes: There are all sorts of reasons why the insurance company might dispute your claim. For example, if you were breaking a traffic law, delayed your medical care, or failed to follow your doctor’s orders, the insurer might say that your own negligence has contributed to the severity of your injury. Our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers can gather all available evidence and use proven negotiation strategies to help you fight for the full compensation you deserve.
- Inspecting Vehicles for Defects: If you suspect that an auto part defect contributed to the crash, we can inspect the vehicle—and perhaps bring in an auto parts specialist—to find out if a flaw in the design or manufacturing was the proximate cause of the collision.
- Protecting You from Filing Deadlines: If a settlement cannot be reached but too much time has passed since your accident, you might lose your right to bring your case to court. Our lawyers will account for all deadlines pertaining to your case so this doesn’t happen.
- Identifying All Potentially Liable Parties: Naming multiple parties in your claim may increase your chances of recovering compensation for 100 percent of your economic damages. This is because California has a joint and several liability law, which allows personal injury victims to pursue compensation for 100 percent of their economic damages from one defendant even if multiple defendants shared liability for the crash.
- Bringing in Qualified Experts: It’s possible that expert witness testimony will play an essential role in your case. We can bring in well-credentialed medical, financial, and accident reconstruction experts to assist with the investigation and provide testimony.
- Negotiating with the Opposing Party: Even if your case seems strong, the insurance company might still take a hard-line during settlement negotiations. Our attorneys can apply their many years of experience and proven negotiation strategies to fight for a fair settlement.
- Litigating Your Case: If the insurance company won’t cooperate, we’re not afraid to go to trial. Our lawyers are tough litigators who know how to find success in court.
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know what’s at stake for motorcycle accident victims and their families. We will work around the clock to make sure your case is as strong as possible before settlement negotiations begin, and we won’t let the insurance company take advantage of your vulnerable situation. Contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a free case review.