Bus accidents can result in devastating injuries that cost a veritable fortune in medical care. Some victims are sidelined from work for months while they heal, and many never make a full recovery. Our Los Angeles bus accident attorneys understand the emotional, physical, and financial adversity that you’re facing, and we’re ready to help you fight for the compensation you need to get your life back.
We have many years of experience in personal injury and wrongful death cases involving buses. Our lawyers have the resources to take on even the largest insurance carriers, government agencies, and tour companies. We’ve won more than $300,000,000 for clients throughout California. To discuss your claim in a free consultation, call our 24-hour phone-line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Cases Our Los Angeles Bus Accident Attorneys Represent:
- Tour bus accidents
- Public bus accidents
- Bus accidents caused by defective equipment
- Bus accidents caused by drunk or distracted driving
- Speeding-related bus accidents
- Claims filed by bus passengers
- Claims filed by the occupants of other vehicles
- Claims filed against the drivers of other vehicles
- Other bus accident cases
Who Can I Sue After a Bus Accident?
The vast majority of bus accident claims never make it to trial, so you might be able to recover a fair settlement without actually filing a lawsuit. The parties whom you name in your claim will depend on several factors including what caused the crash and whether the liable individual was acting within the scope of his or her employment when the accident occurred.
Depending on the circumstances, you might have grounds for a claim against one or more of the following parties:
- The bus company
- A contractor who was hired to maintain the bus
- The designer or manufacturer of the bus or its parts
- The driver of another vehicle
- A government agency
- The tour bus operator
- The bus driver
- The school board
Our Los Angeles bus accident lawyers will launch an immediate investigation to determine liability.
This may involve:
- A Careful Assessment of the Police Report: This report should contain details about how the accident happened, who was involved, and perhaps the officer’s opinion regarding the fault. It may even contain eyewitness statements. The content of the police report will play an important role in the investigations conducted by both your attorney and the insurance company.
- Interviews with Eyewitnesses: Chances are the accident was witnessed by at least a few people. Your Los Angeles bus accident lawyer may speak to eyewitnesses to find out what they saw and to determine if their testimony would strengthen your case. While eyewitness testimony isn’t irrefutable, it might be used to corroborate other evidence.
- Filing Subpoenas to Obtain Evidence: If the at-fault driver was texting, his or her cell phone records might be valuable evidence of negligence. If one of the vehicles involved had a dashcam or if a nearby property had a surveillance system, that footage may also contribute to the strength of your claim. If the possessor of such evidence chooses to withhold it, our Los Angeles bus accident attorneys can file subpoenas to obtain it.
- An Evaluation of Photos and Footage: Any photos taken of injuries, property damage, or the scene can help your legal team and perhaps an accident reconstruction expert discern the cause of the crash. Likewise, video footage can serve as valuable evidence of liability.
- Input from an Accident Reconstruction Expert: If your attorney anticipates a liability dispute, an accident reconstruction expert may be brought in to provide insight and testimony.
How Much Is My Claim Worth?
There are all sorts of factors that can influence the settlement calculations in a bus accident claim. As such, the total value of one case could be very different from the next.
Below are just a few of the factors that could impact the potential value of your claim:
- The cost of your medical care
- The permanence of your injuries
- Whether you suffered scarring or disfigurement
- The amount of income you lost due to the injury
- Whether the injury will affect your future earning capacity
- The cost of property damage
- Whether you incur other reasonable and necessary costs due to your injuries such as transportation, childcare, and domestic help
- How the injury has affected your social life, familial relationships, and general well-being
- Whether your own negligence was a contributing factor
- Whether the defendant acted with malice, oppression, or fraud
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today to Speak with a Los Angeles Bus Accident Lawyer
If your life and future plans have been derailed by a serious bus accident, call Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. We’ll provide the advice you need to make informed decisions, and we’ll make sure the insurance company treats you fairly. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to set up a free case evaluation.