Current Opening: San Luis Obispo, CA
Summary: Acts as executive assistant to their supervising attorney by partnering with one attorney and by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports supervising attorney’s caseload
- Review file and discuss with attorney facts to that particular case prior to preparing complaint
- Order all records and bills
- Responsible for having a firm knowledge of state and federal court rules, procedures, and deadline
- Effectively manages the Attorney’s calendar
- Drafts basic pleadings, including Judicial Council forms
- Drafts discovery requests and responses
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and effectively works in a team environment with the supervising attorney
- Case management to include regular client contact via email and telephone. Provides timely updates to both employers and employees and oversee the document gathering process
- Demonstrates excellent verbal communications with clients and supervising attorney
- Assists supervising attorney with any needed trial preparations
This position is full-time. We are looking for an applicant who is proactive, a fast-learner, and has a great positive attitude. The ability to work independently is required. Salary is commensurate upon experience. Bachelors Degree or equivalent professional experience preferred. Spanish-speaking skills are preferred, but not necessary. Health insurance and 401(k) benefits available after probationary period. Recent graduates welcome!
If you are interested in the position, please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.