Fresno Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Have you or someone you love been in an accident in Fresno? Our personal injury attorneys can evaluate your case for free to determine if you have grounds for a claim and how best to proceed.
You probably have a lot of questions. We can provide the answers you seek and help you understand the statutes and case law pertaining to your claim.
Time is of the essence after any accident because valuable evidence may be time-sensitive, and one mistake early in the proceedings could jeopardize your entire case. To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Our Fresno Personal Injury Lawyers Handle All Accident Cases:
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- All Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Tour, Public, and Other Bus Accidents
- Scooter Injuries
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Dog and Other Animal Attacks
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Accidents Involving Rideshare Vehicles
- Train Wrecks
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Boating Injuries
- Car Accidents
- Airplane and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs)
- Brain Injuries
- Severe Burn Trauma
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Mistakes That Could Harm Your Personal Injury Case
Our Fresno personal injury lawyers will handle all the logistics of your claim—from gathering evidence to interviewing witnesses to negotiating with the opposing party. There are, however, certain steps you can take and mistakes you must avoid to give your claim the best chance of resulting in a financial award.
Below are a few common errors you should avoid during the proceedings:
- Talking to the Insurance Adjuster: Once you hire an attorney, you should direct any phone calls and other correspondence from the insurance adjuster to your lawyer. If you haven’t hired an attorney yet, you should avoid providing any recorded statements to the insurance adjuster. You might be asked leading questions that are designed to coerce you into providing statements that can be used to dispute liability or damages. Answering such questions—even if you’re careful about what you say—could jeopardize your entire case. Never forget that the claims adjuster represents the insurance company and therefore has incentive to find reasons to challenge your claim.
- Using Social Media: Did you mention your injuries on social media? If so, you should delete those posts right away so the claims adjuster cannot take them out of context to dispute your claim. You should also delete any photos of you taken on the day of the accident or at any time afterward. In fact, it’s wise to disable your accounts until the conclusion of your claim.
- Returning to Work Too Early: It’s not easy to stay out of work while the bills are adding up, but if your doctor has advised you to rest, it’s important that you do so. Returning to work too early might be considered a failure to mitigate your damages and could therefore reduce the potential value of your claim. The bottom line—you should follow all instructions from your healthcare providers, even if that means living a sedentary lifestyle for several weeks.
- \Accepting a Settlement Too Early: Until you’ve reached maximum medical improvement (MMI), it’s possible that the medical cost projections are inaccurate. If, for example, a particular treatment is unsuccessful, the cost of care could end up being far higher than anticipated. Our Fresno personal injury lawyers will most likely advise you to wait until you’ve reached MMI before entering settlement negotiations. Putting off the negotiations might be difficult if you’re falling behind on essential bills, but if you accept a settlement that’s too low to cover your future damages, you might end up in overwhelming debt.
Will I Have to Go to Trial?
Many personal injury victims are hesitant to initiate the proceedings because the thought of going to trial seems overwhelming. Fortunately, more than 90 percent of these cases don’t end up in court.
Whether or not your case goes to trial will depend on a variety of factors such as:
- Whether everyone agrees on the relevant facts;
- The amount of compensation you’re seeking;
- Whether the opposing party is willing to cooperate; and
- The strength of your evidence.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we always strive to get our clients fairly compensated without having to go to trial. There are, however, some circumstances when going to court is the best option. If the opposing party refuses to pay a fair settlement, you can rest assured that our attorneys have the litigation experience to represent your interests in court.
Arrange a Free Consultation with Our Fresno Accident Attorneys Today!
With many decades of experience and hundreds of millions of dollars won for clients, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is one of the most accomplished law firms in California. Yet we are still dedicated to maintaining the personal touch of a small, local practice. To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
San Luis Obispo
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|