Fresno Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Fresno Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Car accidents happen every day, but knowing this fact won't prepare you for the moment when your life is upended by a serious collision. Everything changes in less than a second, and you're thrust into an unfamiliar situation riddled with medical, financial, and legal hurdles. If you've been hurt in a rideshare crash, our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys in Fresno can leverage their decades of experience to serve as your advisor and advocate. We won't charge anything to assess your case. If you decide to hire us for representation, we will work on a contingency fee basis, so you won't have to pay any attorney's fees unless we resolve the claim in your favor. For a free consultation, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Damages You May Be Able to Pursue After a Rideshare Accident in Fresno
“How much is my claim worth?” This is one question you have almost certainly asked upon learning about the steep costs associated with accident injuries. Medical bills, loss of wages, property repairs—these expenses can quickly spiral into financial turmoil and perhaps even lead to bankruptcy. You want peace of mind. You want to know how your case will unfold and what you can expect once the proceedings have ended. Although no attorney who practices with integrity would ever guarantee a result, and we cannot anticipate what will happen until we know the facts of your case, we can explain the factors that may influence the potential settlement or verdict. One such factor is the kinds of damages you have incurred and their value. When a person suffers an injury in an Uber or Lyft accident in Fresno, the following damages may be recoverable:
- Medical Bills You Have Already Accrued: Any healthcare costs you have incurred as a result of the accident might be recoverable. Examples include emergency care, rehabilitation, prescription medications, and surgeries.
- Future Medical Costs: A serious accident can result in long-term or permanent disability. If you are expected to incur medical costs after the conclusion of your case, such expenses may be included in the settlement figure.
- Income You’ve Lost Due to Injuries: Any wages you were unable to earn while recovering from your injuries can be included in the damages calculations.
- Loss of Future Earnings: If your injuries will affect your future income-earning ability, our Fresno Uber and Lyft accident lawyers can make sure such losses are included in the settlement negotiations.
- Pain and Suffering: Serious injuries are often accompanied by tremendous pain and suffering. This falls under “non-economic damages” and may be recoverable depending on the kinds of injuries sustained and their severity.
- Emotional Distress: Some accidents involve a shock or physical impact that produces a physical disorder. If this applies to your case or if you witnessed a loved one suffer a catastrophic injury or die, it may be possible to obtain emotional distress damages.
- Loss of Life Enjoyment: It goes without saying that a debilitating injury can greatly diminish the victim’s quality of life. Being unable to participate in social or familial activities can result in depression and loneliness. While it is impossible to quantify these intangible consequences of the injury, our skilled rideshare accident lawyers in Fresno can apply the relevant statutes and case law to help you pursue compensation for loss of life enjoyment.
- Loss of Consortium: If your husband or wife has suffered as a result of your injury, he or she may be able to collect compensation for loss of consortium, which refers to the loss of companionship, intimacy, affection, care, comfort, protection, and assistance.
Will My Rideshare Accident Case End up in Trial?
Maybe. We won’t be able to anticipate how your case might unfold until we’ve reviewed the evidence. Our goal will be to help you obtain a fair settlement without having to file a lawsuit. If the opposing party is uncooperative and we have to file suit, it may still be possible to collect a settlement without actually having to go to trial. For instance, evidence and facts uncovered through the discovery phase may be sufficient to lead to a settlement, or alternative dispute resolution such as mediation or arbitration might resolve any persisting disputes. If, however, your case does go to court, you can rest assured that our highly experienced and accomplished trial attorneys will ensure that you are well-represented through every stage of the proceedings.
Speak with a Fresno Uber or Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
Rideshare accident cases are not the same as typical car accident claims. If you want to enter the proceedings with confidence, it’s important that you turn to a law firm with a track record of success in these cases. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have extensive experience representing rideshare accident victims. We don’t charge anything for the initial consultation, and if we don’t win, you won’t owe any attorney’s fees. To set up a case review, contact us HERE or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.