San Clemente Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
The San Clemente personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have a track record of successful outcomes in high-profile cases throughout California. With more than $300 million recovered for clients, our accident lawyers know what it takes to help victims of personal injury and wrongful death obtain the maximum compensation.
If you were seriously injured or lost a family member due to another person’s negligence or intentional act, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your claim. Schedule a free case evaluation today by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Our San Clemente Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Our accident attorneys handle injury cases involving adults and children, minor and severe injuries, permanent disabilities, and wrongful death. Below is a list of the types of cases we accept:
- Auto Accident Claims
- Uber and Lyft Accident Claims
- Motorcycle Wreck Claims
- Bus Accident Claims
- Train Accident Claims
- Boat Crash Claims
- Dog Bite Claims
- Traumatic Brain Injury Claims
- Burn Injury Claims
- Spinal Cord Injury Claims
- Commercial Truck Accident Claims
- Bike Accident Claims
- Pedestrian Accident Claims
- Bird Scooter Accident Claims
- Claims Arising from Injuries on Dangerous Premises
- Slip and Fall Claims
- Airplane Accident Claims
- Turo Accident Claims
- Other Personal Injury Claims
- Wrongful Death Claims
“When Will My Personal Injury Case Be Resolved?”
The duration of personal injury claims can vary significantly from one case to the next. There are numerous factors that will influence how long it will take to resolve your case, such as:
- Strength of Your Evidence: If you don’t have sufficient evidence to prove liability and damages, you can expect the insurance company or defendant to dispute your claim. This is why it’s so important to consult a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The faster you act, the more likely it will be that essential evidence will still be available and unaltered when your lawyer performs the investigation. The injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will assess any evidence you have gathered, determine what evidence still needs to be compiled, file subpoenas to obtain evidence that is difficult to access, and possibly arrange expert witness testimony.
- Amount of Time It Takes Your Injuries to Heal: Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries, take many months to heal. It is not a good idea to offer a settlement until you know how much your injuries will cost to treat. The longer it takes for your injuries to heal, the longer it may be until you recover compensation. Although you may be tempted to accept a settlement early, doing so before you know the full extent of your injuries could lead to financial turmoil if your healthcare costs and lost income turn out to be more expensive than anticipated.
- Insurance Company Cooperation: The insurance company will dig deep to find evidence that can be used to dispute your claim. If it refuses to cooperate and accept a fair settlement offer, your case might go to trial. Although litigation can draw out the proceedings, it may still be the best option. The San Clemente personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will do everything in their power to help you obtain fair compensation. If insurance companies do not comply and off a low-ball settlement, we will gladly go to court on your behalf. We are well-respected by insurance companies in California and will ensure your case is as strong as possible before we enter settlement negotiations.
Avoid These Errors That Could Harm Your Personal Injury Case
Besides gathering evidence, arranging expert witness testimony, and handling settlement negotiations, your personal injury attorney can also help you avoid critical mistakes that would harm your case. Some of the most common (and costly) mistakes made by personal injury claimants include:
- Discussing their cases with people other than their attorneys;
- Accepting social media friend requests from people they do not know after initiating the claims process;
- Posting photos on social media;
- Discussing their cases on social media;
- Not setting their social media accounts to “private;”
- Agreeing to settlement offers that do not include all available damages;
- Agreeing to settlement offers before reaching maximum medical improvement;
- Speaking to insurance companies or defendants in a recorded conversation; or
- Ignoring their doctors’ treatment instructions.
Discuss Your Case with a San Clemente Personal Injury Lawyer Today!
The claims process can be intimidating, which is why many victims of personal injury and wrongful death choose to put off taking legal action. But the longer you wait, the more likely it will be that important evidence will disappear. There are also strict deadlines for filing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits in California, and one mistake early in the proceedings could be all it takes to lose your case.
The San Clemente personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you navigate the legal system and fight for a fair settlement. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or message us online to set up a free initial consultation.
San Clemente Practice Areas
Slip and Falls
Uber and Lyft Accidents