San Clemente Truck Accident Attorneys
San Clemente Truck Accident Attorneys
If you were injured in a crash with a semi-truck, delivery truck, garbage truck, or another large commercial vehicle, contact us today for a free consultation. Our truck accident attorneys in San Clemente have won a variety of complex personal injury and wrongful death claims against motor carriers and their insurance companies. We will serve as your tenacious legal advocate and ensure you and your family are treated fairly. Our trial lawyers have won more than $300,000,000 in settlements and verdicts. Some of our largest victories were in truck accident cases, so you can rest assured that we are well-versed in the relevant case law, statutes, and procedures. We know the most effective strategies to use in order to maximize the potential value of your claim, and we won’t hesitate to enter litigation if the opposing party refuses to cooperate. Contact us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free case review.
Questions You Might Be Asked During the Free Consultation
When you visit our law firm for a case evaluation, a member of our team will try to ascertain whether your case has merit. You will be asked a series of questions about the crash to find out the potential strengths and weaknesses of your claim and to determine the kinds of evidence that will be necessary to prevail. We will also want to discern the types of disputes that are most likely to arise so we can prepare to counter them. Below are a few questions you may be asked during the consultation:
- Did anyone call the police? A police report will carry a lot more weight than your personal account of events. If the accident was serious, it is likely that officers attended the scene and created a detailed report that describes the injuries and any traffic violations that took place. This report may also include statements from the drivers involved and eyewitnesses. If you have the names and badge numbers of responding officers, bring them with you to the consultation. Your San Clemente truck accident lawyer can obtain a copy of the report on your behalf.
- Were any arrests made? If the at-fault driver was drunk, it may be possible to collect punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages.
- Did the truck driver say anything about being tired or falling asleep? Truck drivers are required to abide by the Hours of Service regulations, meaning it is unlawful for them to spend too many consecutive hours behind the wheel without rest. If the trucker was fatigued, this might indicate that he or she violated HoS regulations. Our lawyers can try to access black box data, timestamped bills of lading, toll booth records, and other evidence to uncover such a violation.
- Did you speak to eyewitnesses? Your attorney will want their contact details to conduct interviews and find out if their deposition might strengthen your claim if the opposing party refuses to settle.
- What injuries did you sustain? Your diagnosis and prognosis will influence the potential value of your claim and the kinds of evidence needed to prevail. For instance, if you suffered a permanent disability, your San Clemente truck accident attorney might have to depose medical and financial experts to prove damages.
- Did you seek medical care immediately after the crash? Your lawyer may ask this question to determine the likelihood that the defense will assert that you have failed to mitigate your damages.
- Have you been able to work since the accident? Your attorney will want to know about the damages you have incurred, which may include lost wages and loss of income-earning capacity.
- Have you incurred any costs besides lost income and medical bills? It may be possible to include home care, transportation, child care, and other economic damages in the settlement calculations.
- Have the injuries prevented you from partaking in social and familial activities? If your injuries have forced you to live a sedentary lifestyle, this fact might help your lawyer pursue compensation for lost enjoyment in life.
- Were you behaving negligently in any way in the moments leading up to the crash? If your own carelessness was a contributing factor, you might face a dispute over comparative negligence.
- Did you get the at-fault driver’s insurance information? Your lawyer will need these details to file the claim properly.
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Truck Accident Lawyer in San Clemente
If you’re coping with the physical and psychological impact of serious injuries after a large truck crash, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. A member of our team will review your case for free to determine the most strategic way to proceed. We always discuss our fees up front, and we accept cases on a contingency basis, meaning we don’t charge any attorney’s fees unless we win. Contact Us Here or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free consultation.