Fresno Slip and Fall Attorneys
Fresno Slip and Fall Attorneys
From hip fractures to soft tissue damage to brain trauma, there are all sorts of injuries that a person might suffer due to a slip and fall. Often, these accidents can be traced back to the negligence of the property owner or one of their staff members. In this scenario, the victim may be entitled to monetary damages. Our slip and fall attorneys in Fresno can evaluate your case in a free consultation to determine if your claim has merit. We have a track record of success in premises liability cases and extensive experience in both settlement negotiations and litigation. With a detailed understanding of the relevant case law and statutes, our attorneys know the most effective strategies to employ at each stage of the proceedings. To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Important Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall
Because slip and fall injuries can be so severe, it is not uncommon for victims to require emergency medical attention. As a result, they might not have a chance to gather evidence while at the scene. Unfortunately, property owners and managers may take this opportunity to fix the hazard that caused the fall and to cover up evidence. To protect your claim, it is important that you call a Fresno slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible. This is true even if you were able to take photos, fill out an incident report, and gather other evidence at the scene. Your attorney can identify essential evidence that you might have overlooked. He or she can also interview eyewitnesses, visit the scene, and look for surveillance cameras that might have captured the accident. The best time to call a premises liability lawyer is right after your first doctor’s visit, which should happen within 48 hours of the injury. After you’ve set up a free case evaluation at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, it’s time to prepare for the consultation. You can do so by:
- Recording Any Details You Recall About the Accident: There are dozens of tasks to complete in the aftermath of a serious injury. You may have to notify friends and loved ones about the accident, find someone to cover for you at work, and possibly arrange for childcare, domestic help, and transportation. With so much on your plate, it’s easy to forget essential details about your slip and fall. This is why it’s so important to record everything you recall while the incident is still fresh in your memory. Crucial details include what caused your fall, what you were doing just beforehand, whether anyone saw the incident, the response of the property owner or manager, the location and time of the accident, whether you received emergency medical care, the kinds of injuries you sustained, the types of medical care you have received, and the symptoms you are experiencing.
- Gathering Essential Evidence and Documents: Your lawyer can compile evidence on your behalf, but it’s still a good idea to bring along any documents and evidence you have already gathered. These may include photos of injuries and the scene of the fall, the incident report, medical records, your insurance policies, and the contact details of eyewitnesses, the property owner, and your medical providers.
- Refusing to Provide a Statement to the Insurance Company: Your Fresno slip and fall attorney should handle all dialogue with the insurance adjuster. This will ensure you avoid providing statements to the adjuster that lead to a dispute. If you are contacted by anyone affiliated with the defendant or the insurance company before you’ve consulted with an attorney, politely advise them that you will not provide any statements until you have retained legal counsel.
- Beginning a Personal Injury Journal: Your case will be more compelling if your attorney can provide real-life examples of how the injury is affecting your wellbeing. Start a personal injury journal in which you write about the severity and frequency of your symptoms, adverse drug side effects, and how the injuries are preventing you from enjoying social events, family activities, and favorite hobbies.
- Deactivating Your Online Profiles: The best way to prevent the claims adjuster from accessing your online content and using it against you is by disabling your social media profiles. You should also ask your closest family and friends not to post anything about you or any photos of you until further notice.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation with a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Fresno
When you’re ready to discuss your case with a seasoned legal professional, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. You can reach us 24/7 by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS or by sending us a message on our Contact Page. The consultation is free, and we accept premises liability cases on a contingency fee basis.