California Slip and Fall Attorneys | Injury Lawyers
California Slip and Fall Attorneys
A trip or slip and fall accident can result in broken bones, soft tissue damage, brain trauma, and many other devastating injuries. The California slip and fall lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you need to pay for medical bills, lost income, and other damages you have suffered due to your injuries.
We have an extensive background in complex personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our law firm is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—and we can come to you if you cannot come to us. Schedule a free initial consultation today by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Common Cases Our Slip and Fall Attorneys Handle:
A slip and fall can happen anywhere. One spilled beverage or small puddle could be all it takes to cause debilitating injuries.
With a comprehensive knowledge of California premises liability laws, the attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide aggressive legal representation in the following types of cases:
- Indoor slip and fall injuries;
- Outdoor slip and fall injuries;
- Slips and falls in supermarkets;
- Slips and falls that occur on sidewalks and walkways;
- Slips and falls at marinas;
- Slips and falls on boats;
- Slips and falls in apartment complexes;
- Slips and falls caused by rain, snow, or sleet;
- Slips and falls that occur on tile, carpet, concrete, or linoleum;
- Slips and falls due to inadequate lighting or lack of handrails; and
- Slips and falls on elevators or escalators.
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to representing victims of slip and fall accidents. It’s important that you find a California slip and fall attorney who will give your case personalized attention. The premises liability lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will investigate your case to identify all potentially liable parties.
We will gather evidence of liability before it becomes unavailable, which might include:
- Surveillance footage of your fall;
- Witness testimony;
- Testimony from expert witnesses;
- Records of slips and falls on the same property;
- Photos of the dangerous condition that caused your fall;
- Maintenance records; and
- The incident and police reports.
What Damages Are Recoverable After a Slip and Fall in California?
The answer to this question depends on the specific facts of your case. Once hired, our attorneys will evaluate your medical records, invoices from accident-related expenses, and other evidence you have gathered to determine the types of damages you may be able to recover. In the state of California, personal injury claimants can pursue compensation for:
- Economic Damages: These include past and future healthcare expenses, lost income, reduced earning capacity, and other objectively verifiable expenses you have incurred or might incur in the future due to your injuries.
- Non-Economic Damages: These include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, loss of consortium, and disability and disfigurement.
- Exemplary Damages: Commonly known as, “punitive” damages, these are intended to punish the defendant for egregious behavior that constitutes malice, fraud, or oppression.
The damages you may be able to recover will depend on the severity of your injuries, the amount of income you lost during recovery, whether you will be able to return to work, the effects of your injuries on your relationships, and many other factors. The California slip and fall attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will calculate your damages to make sure your claim includes all possible recoverable losses.
What Steps Can I Take to Strengthen My California Slip and Fall Claim?
There are several important steps you should take after your fall and over the hours and days that follow to strengthen your claim. Those steps include:
- Write down the sequence of events that led to your accident including details about where your fall occurred—whether the ground was wet, the lighting conditions, the weather conditions, etc.;
- Take time-stamped photos of the accident scene before the property owner has a chance to fix the hazard that caused your fall;
- Report the incident to the property owner or manager, and ask for a copy of the incident report;
- Put your shoes and the clothes you were wearing in a safe place in case the at-fault party argues that your footwear contributed to your fall;
- Record the contact information of witnesses;
- Seek medical attention; and
- Contact a reputable slip and fall lawyer in California to discuss how to proceed with your claim.
See How Our California Slip and Fall Lawyers Can Help You Today – Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
If you or someone you love was injured in a slip and fall accident, turn to the legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for reliable legal guidance. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience handling complex settlement negotiations and litigating high-stakes cases. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or fill out our contact form to schedule a free initial consultation with a slip and fall lawyer in California.