Far too many drivers make a habit out of texting, putting on makeup, and engaging in other distracting behaviors while behind the wheel. Unfortunately, a moment’s inattention is all it takes to injure or kill a pedestrian. Our Los Angeles pedestrian accident attorneys have seen firsthand the physical, emotional, and financial trauma that these collisions can cause. We’re here to help you fight for the full compensation you deserve.
The insurance company might try to coerce you into providing a statement that can be used to challenge your claim. They may even blame you for the accident or offer a low settlement before you’ve had a chance to speak with an attorney. Our lawyers can level the playing field by taking over all correspondence with the insurance adjuster and aggressively representing your interests.
We’ve won more than $300,000,000 in settlements and verdicts, and we have a track record of success in pedestrian accident cases. To schedule a free consultation, call our office today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Cases Our Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Handle
Any factor or behavior that deters a driver’s focus from the road can result in a devastating pedestrian accident. With many decades of combined experience, our attorneys can tailor their investigative approach and negotiation strategies to the unique facts of your case.
We have the skills and resources to achieve successful outcomes in pedestrian accident claims involving:
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- 18-wheelers, scooters, Turo vehicles, and rideshare vehicles
- Shared liability (pedestrians who were jaywalking or otherwise negligent)
- Failure to yield
- Parking lot accidents
- Injuries to children
- Brain or spinal cord injury
- Wrongful death
- Other pedestrian accident cases
How Will My Pedestrian Accident Attorney Prove Liability?
The answer to this question depends on several factors including what caused your accident, where it happened, and whether police attended the scene.
Generally speaking, the following evidence often plays an important role in proving liability:
- Surveillance Footage: As you might suspect, any footage of the accident could serve as valuable evidence of negligence and causation. This is especially true if the driver argues that your own negligence somehow contributed to the crash. Our Los Angeles pedestrian accident lawyers can investigate the scene to look for surveillance cameras that might have captured the incident. If necessary, we can file subpoenas to obtain that footage. It’s important that we’re able to perform this investigation right away—while the footage is still available.
- The Police Report: The content of the police report could play a critical role in the insurance company’s determination of whether to approve or deny your claim. It might also be used to determine if your own negligence played a role in the crash. Due to California’s pure comparative negligence law, the final settlement or verdict in a personal injury case can be reduced by the victim’s own percentage of fault. If the police report contains inaccuracies that bring liability into question, our Los Angeles pedestrian accident lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation and gather any available evidence to dispute the content of the report. If it turns out that your own negligence was in fact a contributing factor, we can take the necessary steps to minimize the percentage of fault assigned to you.
- Chemical Test Results: If the at-fault driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the collision, chemical test results can help your lawyer prove negligence.
- Cell Phone Records: Because distracted driving is a leading cause of pedestrian accidents, cell phone records often serve as valuable evidence of negligence. If the at-fault party’s service provider refuses to relinquish those records, we can file a subpoena to obtain them.
- Photographs: Pictures of the accident scene can provide insight into what happened just before the collision. Photos of injuries can help your Los Angeles pedestrian accident lawyer prove causation and the severity of your damages.
- Eyewitness Testimony: Any bystanders who witnessed the accident may be able to provide testimony regarding the cause of the crash. If you recorded the contact details of witnesses, be sure to bring that information to your free initial consultation at our law firm.
- Expert Witness Testimony: If there’s a dispute regarding the cause of your injuries, their severity, or the value of medical bills or lost income, we may bring in expert witnesses to provide testimony.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a Free Consultation with a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
Recovering a fair settlement in a pedestrian accident case often involves an uphill legal battle. The insurance company might go to great lengths to deny or reduce the value of your claim. The attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can make sure you are treated fairly, and we won’t settle for anything less than you deserve. Send us a message or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free consultation.