California Pedestrian Accident Attorneys | Injury Lawyers
California Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
California has some of the highest rates of pedestrian fatalities in the country. The vast majority of these tragedies are caused by distracted driving, drunk driving, and other forms of driver negligence. If you or someone you love was injured in a pedestrian crash, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a California pedestrian accident attorney.
Our law firm is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We can come to you if you cannot come to us. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to arrange a free case evaluation.
Types of Cases Our California Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Handle
Distracted driving has become an epidemic in California, but it is not the only cause of pedestrian crashes. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have an extensive background in complex personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from pedestrian accidents. We handle a variety of pedestrian accident claims including:
- Pedestrian accidents due to distracted driving;
- Pedestrian accidents due to malfunctioning road signals and signage;
- Pedestrian accidents involving drunk drivers;
- Pedestrian accidents involving buses;
- Pedestrian accidents involving trains;
- Pedestrian accidents involving rideshare vehicles;
- Pedestrian accidents involving motorcycles;
- Pedestrian accidents involving commercial trucks; and
- Pedestrian accidents resulting in spinal cord or brain injuries.
The evidence needed to prove liability will depend on the specific cause of your accident. Depending on the facts of your case, you may have grounds for a claim against the driver who hit you, the company that employs the driver who hit you, a government entity, or another party.
With many decades of experience in settlement negotiations and litigation, the California pedestrian accident lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers know what it takes to find success in these cases. We will tailor our legal strategies to the unique circumstances of your case. Our attorneys will compile evidence, talk to eyewitnesses, and possibly consult expert witnesses to ensure your claim is as strong as possible before we enter settlement negotiations.
Steps to Take After a Pedestrian Accident in California
It’s not easy to think clearly after being hit by a vehicle, but what you say and do at the crash scene will affect the outcome of your subsequent claim. The following tips may help you avoid disputes related to liability and damages and might lead to a fair settlement offer early in the proceedings:
- Call the police, and make sure an officer creates an accident report;
- Take photos of your injuries, the accident scene, property damage, the weather conditions, the road conditions, and the vehicle that hit you;
- For your records, take pictures of the at-fault driver’s license, insurance card, and license plate;
- Record the phone numbers and names of eyewitnesses;
- Visit a doctor for an immediate medical evaluation;
- Tell your doctor about every part of your body that feels pain;
- Follow your doctor’s treatment instructions, and do not miss any subsequent doctor’s appointments;
- Keep a journal about your injuries and the recovery process;
- Do not speak to the insurance adjuster or accept a settlement offer until you have spoken to a lawyer;
- Stay off of social media; and
- Contact a pedestrian accident attorney right away to discuss your case.
Why You Should Consult a Pedestrian Accident Attorney Right Away
The injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents can be catastrophic, and the cost of medical care and lost income can be exorbitant. To reduce their liability, the insurance company or defendant may try to coerce you into providing a recorded statement that can be used to dispute liability or your damages. They might review your social media profiles for posts that can be used against you. Also, important evidence that could be used to prove your claim, such as surveillance footage, might be erased.
A pedestrian accident lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will help you stay one step ahead of the insurance company or liable party and avoid mistakes that would jeopardize your claim. Our attorneys will also perform an immediate investigation to gather evidence while it is still available. We can also handle talks with the insurance company, calculate your damages, and use proven legal strategies during settlement negotiations and potential litigation.
For a Free Consultation with Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers – Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
If a pedestrian crash left you sidelined from work with steep medical bills, it is important that you do everything in your power to give your claim the best chance of success. The personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you navigate the claims process and pursue justice and the maximum compensation from all liable parties.
We have helped our injured clients recover more than $300 million. Our law firm is available at any time—day or night—to answer your questions and provide legal guidance. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to arrange a free consultation, or use our contact form to reach us online.