Aptos Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
The Aptos personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are dedicated to providing quality legal services to people who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones due to the negligence of others. No matter the size of your claim, we will work tirelessly and use all the resources at our disposal to fight for the best possible result.
We don’t charge any legal fees unless we win, and the initial consultation is free. To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
What Types of Cases Does Harris Personal Injury Lawyers Accept?
- Car Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Accidents Involving Turo Vehicles
- Boating Injuries
- Train Accidents
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Airplane and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Dog Attacks
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Severe Burns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Claim?
It depends on the facts surrounding your case. If there’s clear evidence of fault and you suffered only minor, temporary injuries that won’t take long to heal, your claim might be resolved in a matter of months. But if your injuries are serious or there’s a liability dispute, your case might last several months and possibly over a year.
Specifically, the following factors could influence the amount of time it takes to resolve your claim:
- Strength of Evidence to Prove Fault: Was your accident recorded on surveillance cameras? Were there eyewitnesses? Did you gather evidence at the scene and take photos? The more evidence you have to prove liability and the stronger it is, the less likely it will be that a dispute will arise. An Aptos personal injury attorney from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation to compile all available evidence of fault before settlement negotiations begin. We can apply legal pressure where necessary to obtain evidence that’s being withheld.
- Amount of Time Required to Reach Maximum Medical Improvement: One of the biggest mistakes you can make as a personal injury victim is accepting a settlement that’s too low to cover your future damages. If your medical bills turn out to cost more than anticipated but your case has already been settled, you might have to pay the difference out of pocket. Depending on the circumstances, this could lead to severe debt and potential bankruptcy. This is why personal injury lawyers often advise clients to wait until they’ve reached maximum medical improvement to enter settlement negotiations. The longer it takes your injury to heal, the longer it will likely take to resolve your claim.
- Amount of Compensation You’re Pursuing: The higher the value of your claim, the more incentive the opposing party has to dispute it. If you’re pursuing substantial damages, the insurance company will likely devote considerable resources to challenging your claim.
- Whether You Intend to Pursue Punitive Damages: Exemplary damages may be awarded if the party that caused your injury acted with malice, oppression, or fraud.
- Number of Liable Parties: Just because there are several liable parties doesn’t necessarily mean your case will take longer to resolve. But the more defendants you name in your claim, the more opportunities there will be for a dispute to arise.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand that accident victims just want to recover the compensation they deserve and move on with life. Our attorneys will do everything in their power to prevent unnecessary delays and disputes and get you fairly compensated without going through the hassle of trial. With many decades of combined experience, our lawyers are able to anticipate and avoid disputes before they arise.
As the claimant, there are also steps you can take to prevent complications that might derail your case.
Keep the following tips in mind:
- Schedule your consultation as soon as possible so we can make sure you don’t inadvertently do something that might harm your claim;
- Let your Aptos personal injury attorney handle all phone calls, emails, and other correspondence with the insurance company;
- Disable your accounts on social networking websites;
- Follow all of your doctor’s orders so the insurance company can’t argue that you’ve failed to mitigate your damages;
- Document the effects your injury is having on your life in a personal injury journal; and
- Safely store any receipts and invoices for injury-related expenses.
Call Us Today to Speak with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Aptos
Injuries sustained in any type of accident can be financially, physically, and emotionally devastating. If another person was responsible for your injury, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for guidance.
During your free consultation, we will answer your questions and provide the advice you need to make informed decisions regarding your claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact page to set up a free case review. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|