Baldwin Park Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs can be loveable, affectionate, and energetic companions; however, even a docile breed can turn violent without warning. Animal attacks are surprisingly common with thousands of Americans injured by dogs every year. If you were the victim of such an attack, our Baldwin Park dog bite attorneys can assist with your personal injury claim. Over the years, we have represented personal injury victims throughout California, helping many of our clients obtain six- and seven-figure financial awards. Call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to discuss your claim with one of our animal attack lawyers.
What Should I Do If I’m Attacked by a Dog?
Dog attacks often happen without any provocation. Whether it’s a violent breed, a rabid animal, or an abusive owner, man’s best friend can turn on you in the blink of an eye. Here are a few steps you should take after suffering a dog bite:
- Document the Dog Bite: If you are able to do so, you should take steps to identify the dog that bit you and obtain the owner’s contact information. Additionally, you should take pictures of your injuries. These images can help connect your injuries to the attack and help illustrate the severity of your wounds. You should also write down an account of the attack, describing what you were doing in the moments before the animal bit you, and noting what was said by the owner in the moments after the attack.
- Seek Medical Treatment: Even if your injuries don’t seem serious, you should visit the doctor for a medical assessment as soon as possible after the attack. Dog bite wounds often become infected, leading to serious health complications. You should make sure to inform your healthcare provider that you sustained your injuries in an animal attack so that they can include this information in your medical records. Seeking immediate medical treatment won’t just ensure that you receive the treatment you need to recover, but can also help prevent disputes over failure to mitigate damages.
- Contact Authorities/Animal Services: You should call the police and ask them to write a report on the accident. Not only can officers take down the contact details of those involved, but they may also include their own observations on what may have caused the attack. Additionally, you should report the attack to Animal Services. It’s possible that this isn’t the first time the animal has bitten someone, and they may have access to useful records that your attorney can use to help prove your case.
How Our Attorneys Can Assist with Your Animal Attack Case
What makes a good lawyer? And what separates the great from the good? If you were bitten by a dog, you may have spent a fair amount of time trying to answer this question. While lawyers often share the same qualifications, there can be a drastic difference between the approach two attorneys take. Unfortunately, some lawyers lack the litigation experience, resources, and passion to give your claim the attention it deserves. Let’s take a look at a few reasons why HPIL stands apart from other law firms in Baldwin Park:
- Tailored Representation: Many attorneys treat their clients like just another number. Some may even try to settle your case as quickly as possible, regardless of whether the settlement offer is fair or not. At HPIL, we know your financial well-being might be hanging on the outcome of your case, so we will make sure you received focused and compassionate representation. Not only will we treat you and your family with respect, sensitivity, and professionalism from day one, but we will also tailor our legal strategies to the unique circumstances of your case.
- Honest Approach: How much is my case worth? Will my claim go to court? How long will I have to wait to receive a financial award? These are some of the most common questions our clients ask during the initial consultation. There are some attorneys who will tell you what they think you want to hear—not what you need to know. This may leave you blindsided when you run into disputes or other issues when you file your claim. Our legal team takes an honest approach, taking time to highlight both the strengths and weaknesses of your case and preparing for any potential hurdles down the road.
- Litigation Experience: If the insurer or the other liable parties refuse to agree to a reasonable offer, our seasoned trial attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and resource to prevail in court.
- Accessible: If you are unable to visit our offices, we will come to you—whether it’s at home, in hospital, or at your favorite café. Once you’ve hired us to oversee your claim, you’ll have a direct line to your attorney who will make themselves available to answer your questions, provide updates on your case, and explain your role at every stage of proceedings.
Connect with a Dog Bite Attorney in Baldwin Park Today
Our legal team is ready to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or make use of our contact form HERE to lock in a free case assessment.