Beverly Hills Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Beverly Hills Bicycle Accident Attorneys
A biker simply cannot stand up to a motor vehicle – especially when the driver is speeding or driving recklessly. Unfortunately, though, collisions between a motorist and bicyclist are not uncommon.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experienced team of Beverly Hills personal injury attorneys routinely help victims of bike accidents seek compensation for their physical, financial, and emotional damages. For a free case assessment with a member of our team, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Types of Bicycle Accident Cases We Handle
- Bike accidents caused by a motorist’s distracted or impaired driving
- Accidents caused by defective vehicle parts
- Accidents involving poor or hazardous road conditions
- Accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Accidents involving multiple bicycles
- Failure-to-yield bicycle accidents
- Other types of accidents involving bicyclists on California roads
Pursuing Compensation for Your Bicycle Accident
If you work with us, our experienced and compassionate lawyers will assist you in seeking compensation for the physical, emotional, psychological, and financial damages stemming from your bicycle accident.
In Beverly Hills, you can recover “compensatory damages” for the following types of losses:
- Past, current and future medical expenses incurred as a result of your injury
- Lost wages and reduced future earning potential due to lasting or permanent disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering stemming from the accident
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Reduced quality of life
- Property damage
Some cases may also give rise to a claim for “punitive damages.” Punitive damages may apply if the opposing party acted in a malicious or egregiously reckless manner. Your attorney will examine the specific facts of your case to determine whether you should bring a claim for punitive damages.
From Minor to Catastrophic Injuries
The injuries stemming from bicycle accidents can range from minor to catastrophic. A minor injury does not result in lasting or substantial damage like brain or spinal cord damage. However, catastrophic injuries are life-altering and demand a different case strategy.
Catastrophic injuries are marked by the following features:
- Substantial Damage: Catastrophic injuries result in much higher monetary recoveries. This is because catastrophic injuries often result in a lifetime of lost income and medical care and as such, the stakes are very high.
- Increased Scrutiny: Insurance companies tend to closely examine every aspect of a catastrophic injury case since the payouts tend to be much higher. However, our Beverly Hills bike accident attorneys will work to ensure that you are not pressured into accepting an unfavorable settlement.
- Litigation: Because of the severity of the injuries and the seriousness of the claim, a catastrophic injury is more likely to proceed to trial. When it does, our team is poised to represent your interests to a California judge or jury.
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers
Our Beverly Hills personal injury attorneys know how insurance adjusters think: They are on your side until you request more compensation. As such, we will take over all communications and negotiations with insurance companies and will help you seek the treatment you need, regardless of whether an adjuster deems it “necessary.” We understand that your injury is life burdensome and we will fight for your right to maximum recovery for the suffering you’ve endured so that you can focus on rebuilding your life.
If you are unable to come to our office for an initial consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.