Beverly Hills Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Beverly Hills Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Were you or a loved one injured in a pedestrian accident? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Beverly Hills pedestrian accident attorneys handle all types of accidents and can help you pursue damages for your injuries and other expenses. We have decades of experience representing pedestrian accident victims and surviving family members.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian collision, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney. Our team is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we can come to you if you are unable to travel. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
Common Causes of Vehicle-Pedestrian Collisions in Beverly Hills
When they pick up their cell phones to respond to a text message, few motorists consider the devastating impact of a pedestrian collision. California has some of the highest rates of pedestrian fatalities in the nation, the vast majority of which are caused by distracted or impaired driving.
Our California personal injury lawyers have a track record of successfully recovering damages for victims of pedestrian accidents. We have found that the most common forms of negligence that lead to pedestrian collisions include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Running red lights
- Driving without headlights
- Failing to yield to the pedestrian’s right of way
- Ignoring crossing signals
Depending on what caused the accident, our attorneys will use different tactics, from hiring an accident reconstructionist to replicate the accident scene, to proving a driver’s intoxication or impairment. We understand the laws binding both motorists and pedestrians and will craft an argument that is tailored to the unique circumstances of your case.
Steps to Take After a Vehicle-Pedestrian Collision
If you have been injured in a collision, or if you witnessed a friend or family member’s accident, act quickly to preserve evidence that can support your claim.
- Call 911. Beyond creating a record of the victim’s injuries, this will ensure that the victim immediately gets the treatment he or she needs – which should be everyone’s priority. Never assume that the victim is “okay” or does not need immediate help. Certain injuries, like head traumas, can be hard to detect and may not present for days – or even weeks – after the accident.
- Speak with the driver. While speaking with the at-fault driver is undoubtedly the last thing you want to do, it is critical to obtain his or her name, contact information, and insurance information before leaving the scene. This information will prove valuable should you eventually decide to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
- Document the accident and injuries. Capture as many photos and videos as you can while the incident is still unfolding. Be sure to snap pictures of the vehicles involved, the crosswalk or intersection where the incident occurred, any resulting property damage, and the victim’s injuries.
- Contact eyewitnesses. Approach any known eyewitnesses to gather their names and contact information and be sure to write down their personal accounts of the incident (or ask them to do so). Their stories may prove valuable down the road should you decide to file a claim.
For a Free Consultation with our Beverly Hills Pedestrian Accident Lawyers, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today!
The personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are here to guide you through the claims process. Our experience representing accident victims throughout California positions us to help you pursue maximum compensation for your injuries and other losses. Throughout the years, we have helped injured clients collectively recover more than $300 million in damages.
Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to get started.