Beverly Hills Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Beverly Hills Train Accident Attorneys
Have you been injured in a train accident in Beverly Hills? Whether you were a passenger in a car that was hit by a train or were harmed while riding on a train, we recommend you contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our compassionate team is made up of committed personal injury and wrongful death lawyers who routinely handle California train accident cases. No matter the specific circumstances, we will work to ensure we present the strongest case possible.
To schedule your free initial consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Common Causes of Train Accidents
In our collective decades of experience, our Beverly Hills train accident attorneys have discovered that some of the most common causes of train accidents involve the following factors, among others:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective parts
- Mechanical failures
Who is Liable for a Train Accident?
This is one of the most common recurring questions clients ask us. The answer depends on the facts. Before we can identify the liable parties, we need to determine what caused the accident. For instance, if the conductor was distracted or intoxicated while on duty, his or her employer may be liable for negligent hiring or management. If another motorist drove onto the tracks and caused the wreck, then that driver may be liable.
Examples of liable parties include:
- The company that owns and operates the train
- The company that owns the tracks
- The company that manufactured the train, a train part, or the track
- The company that provides maintenance for the train or track
What Should I Do If I Am Involved in A Train Accident?
No matter who is liable for your injuries, it is very important to take steps to preserve your claims. In addition to taking ample photos of your injuries and the accident scene, you should:
- Seek medical treatment, follow your doctors’ orders, and gather your medical records to present to your personal injury attorney.
- Save any correspondence with other parties.
- Contact eyewitnesses and pass their contact information on to your attorney.
- Take – and keep – detailed personal notes about your injuries and treatment, as well as how your symptoms have affected your daily life.
- Compile any relevant receipts, bills, and other tangible evidence of accident-related expenses, and send them to your attorney.
Compensation for A Beverly Hills Train Accident
The expenses stemming from a serious injury can quickly become unmanageable. However, through the vehicle of a personal injury lawsuit, you can seek to recover some or all of your accident-related expenses, or “economic damages.”
Examples of economic damages include reimbursement for:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Permanent physical limitations
In some cases, you may also be able to pursue exemplary, or “punitive,” damages. These types of damages are discretionary, and your attorney will help you determine whether it’s worth pursuing one in your case.
Discuss Your Case with An Experienced Beverly Hills Train Accident Attorney Today!
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team will handle each step of your train accident case. From gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance carrier on your behalf, you will benefit from having us in your corner. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review. Someone is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we will come to you if you are unable to travel.