If you were recently injured due to another person's negligence, you don't have to navigate the legal system alone. Insurance adjusters can be ruthless when it comes to finding reasons to deny and reduce the value of claims. The Calexico personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are here to represent your interests and make sure you are treated fairly throughout the proceedings. We won’t let the insurance company manipulate you into accepting a low settlement. With proven legal strategies and a passion for helping the injured, our lawyers have recovered more than $300 million for clients throughout California. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, and a member of our team can come to you if you cannot come to us. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to get started.
Accident Cases We Handle in Calexico, California
- Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Train Wrecks
- Rideshare Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Severe Burns
- Boat Injuries
- Aircraft Accidents
- Dog Bites & Other Animal Attacks
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Turo Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
No personal injury lawyer who practices with integrity would ever promise a specific outcome for your case. This is true even if the supporting evidence is strong and it seems very likely that your claim will result in a settlement. If your claim is successful, the amount of compensation you ultimately recover will depend on a variety of factors including:
- The Available Insurance Coverage: In most cases, an injury victim’s recovery will be limited to the available insurance coverage. That means your net recovery might not exceed the liable party’s insurance limits even if your expenses are higher than those limits. This is one reason why it’s so important to hire a seasoned Calexico personal injury lawyer. A skilled attorney can identify all potentially liable parties—including those you may have overlooked—and determine all avenues for pursuing compensation. Your accident lawyer can also investigate whether the liable party has the finances or assets to justify filing a lawsuit directly against him or her.
- The Cost of Your Medical Care: In the state of California, personal injury claimants can seek compensation for any reasonable past and future healthcare expenses. That means if you incurred significant medical bills, the value of your claim might be higher than if you required minimal treatment.
- The Nature of Your Injury: Have you suffered severe pain or a psychological injury due to the accident? If so, you may be entitled to non-economic damages like pain and suffering in addition to economic damages.
- Your Pre-Injury Income: Any wages you lost as a result of your injury can be included in your claim. That means your pre-injury income can have a huge impact on the total value of your claim.
- The Amount of Time You Were Sidelined from Work: When calculating lost wages, your Calexico personal injury attorney will consider not only your pre-injury income but also the number of days you were put out of work due to your injury.
- The Value of Miscellaneous Expenses: Besides lost income and medical bills, you may also be entitled to compensation for domestic help, home and vehicle modifications, and any other costs incurred due to your accident or injury.
- Whether Punitive Damages Are Warranted: If the defendant acted with oppression, malice, or fraud, you may be awarded punitive damages. These are intended to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar misconduct in the future.
- Whether Any Liens Are Asserted Against Your Recovery: If your doctor administered treatment on a lien basis, the cost of care might be deducted from your final settlement or judgment. Liens may also be asserted by a health insurance company, Medicare, or Medicaid. Your attorney can review any liens asserted against your recovery to identify potential ways to get them reduced or waived outright.
Discuss Your Case with a Calexico Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you need help filing a claim for compensation after a serious injury or death in the family, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our legal team will evaluate your case in a free, no-obligation consultation and help you make informed decisions. We won’t let the insurance company coerce you into accepting a low settlement. Our lawyers will aggressively represent your interests through every stage of the proceedings—from the initial investigation to settlement negotiations to any litigation that may follow. After helping more than 5,000 clients and winning over $300 million in settlements and verdicts, our attorneys are truly in a league of their own. To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS. You can also use our contact form to reach us online. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.