If you or a loved one were injured in an accident in Contra Costa County, call our Danville personal injury attorneys to learn more about your rights. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our team handles all types of accident claims. From car crashes to slip and falls, we have the knowledge, resources, and skills you need to determine if you have a valid legal claim, and if so, to pursue full and fair compensation. We understand it can be intimidating to contact an attorney. That is why we offer free consultations. By calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS, you can schedule a meeting at a time and a place that is convenient to you. The consultation is confidential and there is no obligation to hire our firm. If you decide we are the right personal injury lawyers for you, we will take your claim on a contingency fee basis. There are no upfront or hourly fees. You do not pay us unless we win your case.
How Our Danville Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
After you or a relative are hurt in an accident, you need to find out whether the accident created a legal claim. Do you have a right to pursue compensation for your injuries? The best way to find out is to hire an experienced accident lawyer in Danville. By hiring Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you gain a legal advocate who will:
- Investigate: Your Danville accident lawyer will conduct an in-depth investigation into the accident. We will look for evidence that another person was careless, reckless, or malicious, and that this conduct led to your injuries.
- Gather Evidence: Through an investigation, your attorney will gather as much evidence as possible regarding what happened, why, and by who. This entails gathering and analyzing photos, videos, witness testimony, documentation and records, and physical evidence.
- Connect with Legal Resources: Depending on the complexity of your case, your lawyer may need to connect you with legal resources, such as laboratory testing and expert witnesses. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have made built relationships with many resources, including experts, who can help our clients pursue compensation.
- Communicate with Insurers: Following many types of accidents, your main potential source of compensation is an insurance company. If you were in a car crash, the other driver should have auto insurance. If you slipped and fell at a person’s house, they may have homeowner’s insurance. If you were struck by a falling object from a construction site, the contractors should have a liability policy. Our Danville personal injury lawyers will ensure you file an appropriate insurance claim, and then we will handle all of the communications and paperwork with the insurance adjuster.
- Calculate Damages: To ensure we fight for your full and fair compensation, we must first calculate the value of your physical, psychological, and financial injuries. To begin with, we will add up your economic losses, including your medical expenses, future medical costs, lost income, and any reduced earning capacity. Next, we will determine appropriate values for your non-economic injuries, such as your physical pain and suffering and your emotional distress. Afterwards, we will have a clear picture of what would be an appropriate settlement.
- Negotiate: If the insurance company approves your claim, the next step is settlement negotiations. An insurer’s first offer is almost always low. If we believe you deserve more compensation and can get it, we will recommend rejecting the initial offer and making a demand for a more appropriate settlement. This is the beginning of negotiations.
- Litigate: If the insurer denies your claim, or if settlement negotiations break down, we may recommend pursuing compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Either we will suggest filing a lawsuit now, or we may already have filed at an earlier date in order to obtain more evidence. If we go to trial, a judge or jury will decide whether you should receive compensation, and if so, how much.
How Danville Accident Lawyers Handle:
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Airplane Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI)
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability Claims
- Dog Bites
- Other Personal Injury Claims
- Wrongful Death Claims
Speak With a Personal Injury Attorney in Danville by Calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, it is our mission to help individuals hurt in accidents caused by other people’s negligence. We have built a solid reputation for providing compassionate yet aggressive representation, and we work hard for every person who walks through our doors. We are proud to be able to say we have represented more than 5,000 individuals throughout California, and we have obtained them more than $300 million in court rulings and settlements. To talk with us about your rights after an accident and how we can help you, contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule your free consultation.