Were you injured in an accident in Alameda County? When you believe that accident was another person or business’s fault, you should contact a Dublin personal injury attorney about your legal rights and options. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are here to guide you through the insurance claim process, and when necessary, a personal injury lawsuit. Our priority will be to obtain you a full and fair financial recovery. We understand you may hesitate to contact an attorney. We want to reassure you that we have helped many individuals and families throughout California. Our accident lawyers have represented more than 5,000 clients and obtained them more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts. To talk with us about how we can help you and your potential compensation, contact us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We offer free consultations at a time and place most convenient to you.
Our Dublin Personal Injury Lawyers Handle A Wide Range of Cases
- Auto Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Scooter Injuries
- Airplane Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Premises Liability Claims
- Slip and Falls
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
- Other Personal Injury Claims
- Wrongful Death Claims
How a Dublin Accident Lawyer Can Help You with Your Personal Injury Claim
After you are injured in a serious accident, you have a lot to deal with. Your immediate concern is your health and well-being. You need to focus on receiving the best possible medical care and getting better. But in the days, weeks, and months that follow the accident, the bills start to add up. You may have to dig into savings or use your credit cards to pay your health insurance deductible. You may not be sure of how you will pay the bills, especially if you are out of work for weeks or months because of the injuries. There are many reasons to call a Dublin personal injury attorney after an accident, but one of the most significant may be a lawyer’s ability to obtain you compensation. By hiring an attorney, you improve your chance of receiving an insurance settlement. You also improve your ability to receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. There are several steps accident lawyers take to pursue fair compensation, including:
- Conducting independent investigations: After an accident, you should not rely on the other party’s findings or the insurance company’s conclusions. The other party in the accident is looking out for themselves, and an insurance company will always try to protect its bottom line. You need an attorney to look into the accident and gather evidence on your behalf.
- Calculating damages: Most accident victims we speak to are unaware of the damages they can pursue in a personal injury claim and of how much each of those damages may be worth. Our Dublin personal injury lawyers will calculate your past, current, and future medical expenses; past, current, and future lost income; physical pain and suffering; mental anguish and emotional distress; disability; and disfigurement.
- Determining insurance policy limits: We will use our experience and knowledge of these types of cases to provide you with an informed estimate of the value of your claim. We also will investigate the other party’s insurance policy limit and the party’s personal assets, which can impact how much compensation you may receive.
- Hiring expert witnesses: In some personal injury claims, you need additional proof of what went wrong and who is responsible. We may hire expert witnesses to offer up evidence of who was negligent and caused your injuries. For instance, for a complex car crash, we may hire an accident re-constructionist. Also, we may hire medical and economic experts to prove the extent of your injuries and your financial losses.
- Litigating your claim: One way to pursue compensation and to improve the chance of receiving a fair settlement is to take your personal injury claim to court. This enables us to gain more information through the discovery process. It also puts pressure on the insurer to settle. If we cannot obtain a settlement, we also may take the at-fault party to trial and seek compensation there.
- Negotiating a settlement: Most personal injury claims do not go to trial. Instead, a Dublin personal injury attorney will prepare to negotiate with the insurance company. All of the work we do is to get to the point where we have a strong case against the negligent party, and we can make a firm demand for appropriate compensation.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak With Our Dublin Accident Legal Team
When you or a loved one have been hurt in an accident, you do not have to deal with the insurance and legal issues on your own. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve. We offer free consultations so there is no risk in talking with us. There also is no obligation to hire our firm, though if you do, there is no upfront fee. You do not pay us unless we win you compensation.