At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are proud to represent individuals who are injured in accidents in Fairfax and Marin County, California. If you or a loved one have been hurt, or you lost a relative in an accident, we are here to advise you. We will thoroughly investigate the incident, gather evidence on your behalf, and guide you through the insurance claim and legal processes. We understand that the potential cost of legal representation may hold you back. We offer free, no-obligation consultations. It will cost you nothing to meet with one of our Fairfax personal injury lawyers. Also, if you believe our firm is right for you, we will take your case on a contingency fee basis. You only owe us our fee if we win your case and obtain you either an insurance settlement or court verdict. If you lose, you do not pay. To learn more about how an accident lawyer in Fairfax can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Cases Our Fairfax Personal Injury Attorneys Handle:
When you or a loved one are injured in an accident, you should work with a personal injury attorney who has previous experience in that type of case. Our Fairfax accident lawyers are highly experienced in a wide range of accidents and serious injuries. Some of the most common accident claims we handle include:
- Car Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Scooter Injuries
- Plane Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability Claims
- Dog Bite and Animal Attacks
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI)
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Other Personal Injury Claims
- Wrongful Death Claims
How Our Fairfax Accident Lawyers Can Help
Before you call a personal injury lawyer, you probably want to know what they are going to do and how they will help you. Naturally, you want to ensure that hiring an attorney is the right thing to do and worth the potential fee.
- To begin with, a Fairfax personal injury attorney will thoroughly investigate the accident that led to your injuries or loved one’s death. We will gather evidence, such as photos and videos of the accident, police reports, documentation, the other party’s records, physical objects, and eye witness testimony. Depending on the complexity of your case and injuries, we also may obtain expert witnesses’ opinions.
- After we gather and analyze the evidence to determine both fault and liability, we start the insurance claim process. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all communication with the insurance company. You do not have to worry about receiving and sending paperwork or fielding an adjuster’s phone calls.
- We also may recommend filing a lawsuit for personal injuries or wrongful death. During a lawsuit, we can utilize the discovery phase to obtain more evidence. This is particularly important when the at-fault or liability party is a business, such as a trucking company. We will want to request business records that may be pertinent to the accident.
- While all of this is going on, we will work closely with your and your physicians to calculate your damages. If another person’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct caused you harm, then you have the right to pursue both economic and non-economic damages. These include your medical expenses, lost income, physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, and compensation for any disfigurement or disability.
- Once we have established the other party’s liability and determined the fair value of your damages, we will demand a settlement from the insurance company. We will participate in pre-litigation settlement negotiations in hopes that we can obtain you the maximum amount of compensation possible without heading to trial.
- Another way to obtain a settlement may be through an alternative dispute resolution method. ADR may consist of mediation or arbitration. We will actively participate in mediation or arbitration if you or the other party requests it.
However, if the settlement negotiations break down or the insurance company denies your claim, then we may recommend moving forward with the personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you agree to this, we will prepare for trial. At trial, the judge or jury will decide whether the other party was negligent and is liable for your injuries. If the jury decides in your favor, it also will decide how much compensation you should receive.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak With Our Fairfax Personal Injury Legal Team
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our accident lawyers have represented more than 5,000 individuals and families throughout California. We are proud to have recovered more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We used our knowledge, skills, and passion to reach this milestone, and now we want to use our resources for you. To talk with us about how we can help after a serious accident, contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We are available to meet with you any time, seven days per week.