Our personal injury attorneys represent clients throughout Felton and surrounding communities. What sets us apart is our willingness to perform thorough investigations and meticulously prepare for settlement negotiations. We also have extensive trial experience and won’t hesitate to take your case to court if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
Our lawyers intentionally limit the number of cases they handle so each client receives personalized attention through every stage of the claims process. This approach has led to more than $300 million won for clients in settlements and trial verdicts. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we don’t win your case, you won’t owe any attorney’s fees. To speak with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
What Types Cases Does Harris Personal Injury Lawyers Accept in Felton?
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Boating Injuries
- Tour, Public, and Other Bus Accidents
- Airplane and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Falls
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Train Wrecks
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Scooter Accidents
- Serious Burns
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Bike Accidents
- Rideshare Service Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
We Can Help You Avoid Costly Mistakes
Hiring a well-credentialed personal injury attorney comes with a multitude of benefits. Not only can we gather evidence, calculate your damages, and handle settlement negotiations on your behalf, but we can also help you avoid critical errors that might hurt your chances of recovering fair compensation. Below are just a some of the more common mistakes we can help you avoid:
- Signing a Release Too Early: No matter what your financial situation is, you probably want to resolve your claim as soon as possible. But if you agree to a settlement early in the proceedings and it turns out that your damages are more extensive than initially thought, you might not be able to pursue further compensation. Under some circumstances, this mistake can actually lead to overwhelming debt and potential bankruptcy—especially if your injuries require ongoing care or if you suffer a loss of earning capacity. Our Felton personal injury lawyers can help you determine the most strategic time to enter settlement negotiations. We can also calculate a fair settlement amount so you don’t end up accepting a low payout.
- Leaving Damages out of Your Claim: If your claim is clearly valid, the insurance company might offer a settlement that will cover your healthcare costs, lost income, and property repairs. But what about non-economic damages like pain and suffering and emotional distress? Depending on the facts of your case, non-economic damages may account for a significant portion of your potential recovery. One of our Felton personal injury attorneys can make sure all damages are considered when calculating the value of your claim.
- Overlooking Important Evidence: There are countless reasons why the claims adjuster might challenge your claim. Even if you’re certain the defendant is liable for your damages, the insurer might dispute the severity of your injuries, the amount of time you spent out of work, or the cost of your future healthcare needs. You’ll need strong evidence to overcome disputes of this nature. In some cases, it’s necessary to apply legal pressure to obtain evidence that’s being withheld and to bring in experts to provide testimony. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will use all the available resources to strengthen your case.
- Putting off Your Medical Evaluation: Did you visit a doctor immediately after you were injured? If not, the insurance company might dispute liability or contend that you have failed to mitigate your damages. Our legal team will help you take the necessary steps to demonstrate that you are taking your healthcare seriously.
- Failing to Mitigate Your Damages: Besides visiting a doctor right away, it’s also important that you attend all follow-up appointments and obey the instructions of your healthcare providers. Be sure to avoid any physical activities that might aggravate your injuries. These steps may prevent the insurer from arguing that you have not taken reasonable steps to mitigate your damages.
These are just some of the more common errors made by personal injury claimants, but there are many others we haven’t mentioned. As a client of Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, a well-credentialed legal advocate will be just a phone call away to help you make informed decisions throughout the claims process. We will provide you with the insight you need to protect your legal rights.
Speak with Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Felton Today
After a serious accident, the mere thought of filing a personal injury claim could seem overwhelming, but if you delay, essential evidence may become unavailable. Don’t take the risk; call one of our attorneys today to learn the most strategic way to proceed with your case. Our law firm is available to take your call 24 hours a day. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our online contact form to arrange a free consultation.