Guatay Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyershttps://vimeo.com/344632145
The aftermath of a serious accident is a stressful time. You may be dealing with severe pain, calls from the insurance adjuster, and steep medical bills. The Guatay personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers understand the adversity you are facing and are ready to help you navigate every step of the claims process.
Whether your injuries were caused by a negligent company, government agency, or individual, our attorneys have the experience and resources to represent your interests. We have recovered over $300 million for clients throughout California, but we remain committed to offering the personal touch of a small, local practice.
Your initial consultation is free, and you won’t have to pay any fees unless we win. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a case review.
Types of Claims Our Guatay Personal Injury Lawyers Handle:
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Large Truck Crashes
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Severe Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Burn Trauma
- Boat Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Scooter Accident Injuries
- Airplane Accidents
- Train Wrecks
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Falls
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Bicycle Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
How Long Will My Case Take to Resolve?
The duration of a personal injury or wrongful death case can range from a few months to several years. This can seem like an eternity if your financial security is at stake. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can evaluate your situation and explain potential ways to help you make ends meet while your case is pending.
Here are just a few factors that might influence how long your claim takes to resolve:
- The Amount of Time It Will Take to Reach MMI: It’s usually best for personal injury claimants to wait until they reach maximum medical improvement before they enter settlement negotiations. If they agree to a settlement too early and a medical complication arises, they most likely won’t be able to seek further compensation.
- The Strength of the Evidence to Prove Liability and Damages: Insurance adjusters are tasked with determining whether to approve a claim and, if so, how much to pay in a settlement. Because adjusters represent the insurance company, they will look for any possible reason to dispute liability or damages. The best way to avoid such a dispute is to gather strong evidence to support your claim. The weaker your evidence, the longer it might take to resolve your case.
- The Severity and Complexity of Your Injuries: It’s not uncommon for two medical experts to disagree on the appropriate treatment and long-term care for a severe or complex condition. If such a dispute arises, it could delay the proceedings.
- The Amount of Compensation You Are Pursuing: The more compensation you are seeking, the more incentive the insurance adjuster will have to find reasons to dispute your claim.
- Whether Settlement Negotiations Are Successful: If the opposing refuses to offer a fair settlement, your case may end up going to alternative dispute resolution or all the way to trial. This can add a considerable amount of time to the duration of your case.
- Whether Any Liens Are Asserted on Your Settlement or Judgment: A lien is a claim of a right to payment from proceeds recovered in a settlement or judgment. In personal injury cases, liens are often asserted by health insurance companies, government agencies, or healthcare providers. If a lien is asserted, it must be resolved before compensation can be disbursed to you.
Insurance companies are well aware that personal injury victims often cannot afford to miss even a single paycheck. They may take advantage of this vulnerability by offering a low settlement within a few weeks of the accident. If you accept an unfair payout, you most likely won’t be able to pursue further compensation if your damages turn out to be more extensive than anticipated. Depending on the facts of your situation, this could eventually lead to overwhelming debt.
The Guatay personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can take steps to prevent delays and disputes that would prolong the proceedings.
Here are just a few strategies we might employ to do so:
- Gathering all available evidence of liability and damages;
- Consulting with medical, financial, vocational, and accident reconstruction experts if necessary to prove liability or damages; and
- Helping you avoid critical mistakes like making a recorded statement or posting about your case on social media.
Speak with Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Guatay Today | We Can Come to You!
If you need a personal injury lawyer in Guatay, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for representation. Our attorneys and support staff have helped clients recover more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts.
We have extensive experience in settlement negotiations and litigation, so you can trust that you will be well-represented through every stage of the proceedings. Our phone line is open 24/7 to take your call. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact form to set up a free initial consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|