Harris Personal Injury Lawyers protects the rights of people who have been seriously injured through the fault of others. Our Hermosa Beach personal injury attorneys offer tenacious legal representation in a variety of cases including car accidents, dog bites, motorcycle accidents, premises liability, and many others. We are available 24/7 to answer your call and would be more than happy to come to you if you are unable to come to us. For a free consultation with a seasoned personal injury lawyer, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Our Hermosa Beach Personal Injury Attorneys Accept a Wide Array of Personal Injury Cases:
Our attorneys have seen firsthand just how far insurance companies will go to avoid paying out claims. Don’t take on the insurer alone; one of our Hermosa Beach injury attorneys can help you craft a legal strategy that keeps you one step ahead of the opposing party. We accept cases in the following practice areas:
- Auto Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Aircraft Accidents
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Bus Accidents
- Bird Scooter Accidents
- Train Crashes
- Turo Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Burn Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Other Personal Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Our “No Recovery, No Fee” Promise
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand how stressful the aftermath of a serious accident can be. The last thing you need to worry about is paying legal fees. That’s why we accept cases on a contingency fee basis. If you don’t recover compensation, you won’t have to pay us any attorneys’ fees. The initial consultation is free, so you have nothing to lose by speaking to a Hermosa Beach accident lawyer from our firm.
Steps You Should Take Immediately After an Accident
Every accident is unique, so your obligations after an unexpected injury will really depend on the facts surrounding your case—where and how the incident occurred, the types of damages you incurred (medical bills, lost wages, etc.), and the severity of your injuries. There are, however, a few steps that are fairly ubiquitous after any accidental injury. Here are a few tips that may increase your chances of recovering a fair settlement:
- Document the Accident Scene: The more evidence your lawyer has to prove liability and damages, the stronger your case will be. Although your attorney will investigate your accident to compile evidence, some proof may only be available immediately after the incident. Be sure to take timestamped photos of the scene including injuries, property damage, the surroundings, and the hazard that caused the accident.
- Talk to Witnesses: Eyewitness testimony may be vital if your account of events differs from that of the liable party or insurance company. Witnesses may also have noticed details about your accident that you missed. For instance, if you were hurt in a car crash, a bystander might have seen the at-fault driver talking on a cell phone or texting in the moments before the collision. If you were bitten by a dog but the owner wrongfully claims you provoked the attack, a witness might testify that you played no role in inciting the animal.
- Visit Your Doctor: You won’t be able to recover anything unless you can demonstrate that you suffered an injury or loss. Your Hermosa Beach injury lawyer will need medical documentation to prove your damages.
- Speak with an Accident Attorney: A seasoned lawyer from HPI can help you understand your rights and the claims process. Your attorney can also help you avoid critical mistakes, calculate your losses, and negotiate with the opposing party on your behalf.
- Set Your Social Media Profiles to “Private:” You shouldn’t give the insurance company any reason to dispute your claim. Any photos of yourself or posts about your accident or injuries may be used against you. To avoid unnecessary hurdles, set your social media profiles to “private” or disable them until your case is finalized.
- Follow Your Medical Care Plan: If you ignore your doctor’s instructions and the insurance company finds out, it might jeopardize your case. Be sure to attend all doctor’s appointments, pick up your prescriptions, and complete all required physical therapy.
- Keep a Journal: Jot down notes about the progress of your injuries in a daily journal. Be sure to mention how they are affecting your life and the lives of your loved ones. This journal may help your attorney prove non-economic damages.
Set up a Free Consultation with a Hermosa Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
If you need money to pay for medical bills, lost income, and other damages you incurred in an unexpected accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our skilled and highly experienced legal team will help you fight for the compensation you need to put your life back together. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or message us online to schedule a free case review.