Imperial Beach Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
The Imperial Beach personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are passionate about helping innocent accident victims fight for the compensation they need to move on with life. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial hardship that serious injuries can cause, and we will do everything in our power to help you overcome the hurdles standing between you and a fair settlement.
Our lawyers have many decades of combined experience and have represented more than 5,000 clients. We have the knowledge and resources to take on even the largest and most powerful insurance companies.
For a free consultation, call our office today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Types of Claims Our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle in Imperial Beach
- Motorbike Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Airplane, Helicopter, and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Dog Attacks
- Scooter Accidents
- Boating Injuries
- Train Accidents
- Severe Burn Trauma
- Spinal Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Bike Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Steps to Take If You Were Hurt in an Accident
A sudden accident can upend your life in countless ways, affecting your relationships, ability to earn an income, and general well-being. It’s not easy to stay positive after such a traumatic event, but it’s important that you take steps to protect your legal rights and financial future.
It’s in the insurance company’s best interests to find reasons to deny your claim or at least minimize the amount of compensation they have to pay out. Although your Imperial Beach personal injury attorney can handle the legal complexities of your case, you may be able to increase your claim’s chances of success by:
- Getting Prompt Medical Attention: It’s not uncommon for injury victims to “wait it out” and see if their condition improves. Even if you’re certain that you have grounds for a personal injury claim, you might not want to deal with doctor’s visits and legal proceedings. But if you don’t get an official diagnosis and your injuries turn out to be serious, it may be more difficult to file a successful claim. The insurance adjuster might dispute the cause of your injury or argue that your decision not to seek medical care contributed to its severity. The bottom line: You should undergo an evaluation as soon as possible to reduce the likelihood of a dispute.
- Recording What You Remember: Human memory is notoriously unreliable, so you should write down everything you recall about your accident right away. Your lawyer will need as much information as possible to determine the most strategic way to approach the investigation.
- Storing Evidence in a Safe Place: Compelling evidence is the bedrock of any successful tort claim. You should take steps to preserve any evidence related to your accident and injury. Consider saving photos and videos on multiple hard drives. Store the clothes and shoes you were wearing, and keep multiple records of eyewitness contact details and relevant documents so they’re on-hand when you consult with your attorney.
- Staying off Social Networking Websites: Your friends and family will want to know that you’re okay and in good spirits, but it would be better to call or text them rather than post on social media. Although social networks make it easy to keep those closest to you updated on your situation, the insurance adjuster might use your posts to dispute your claim.
- Speaking to a Lawyer Right Away: Don’t put off your consultation with a personal injury attorney. Valuable evidence may not be available indefinitely, and if a settlement cannot be reached, you will have a limited amount of time to take your case to court. Depending on the facts surrounding your case, your lawyer may need several months to conduct an investigation, consult with expert witnesses, and negotiate with the opposing party.
- Letting Your Attorney Handle All Relevant Correspondence: It’s not uncommon for insurance adjusters to coerce injury victims into making statements that harm their claim. To protect your case, you should direct any correspondence from the insurer to your lawyer.
Speak With Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Imperial Beach Today
If you or someone you love was seriously injured and you want to hold the at-fault party liable for medical bills, lost income, and other damages, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our attorneys offer personalized, one-on-one representation to accident victims throughout Imperial Beach and surrounding communities.
We have an in-depth understanding of the case law and statutes pertaining to tort claims in California. As a client of Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you will have the confidence that comes with being represented by one of the most accomplished legal practices in the state. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our Contact Page to set up a free case review.