Isla Vista Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
The Isla Vista personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have helped thousands of people fight for the compensation they needed to move on with life after serious accidents. Our lawyers genuinely care about their clients; they will work after office hours and on weekends to help you pursue the settlement you deserve. Our accident lawyers have collectively recovered over $300,000,000 for injured victims and their families.
We’re available 24 hours a day to take your call. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free, confidential consultation.
Types of Accident Claims We Handle in Isla Vista, California
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorbike Collisions
- Bike Accidents
- Car Crashes
- Turo Accidents
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Tour, Public, and Other Bus Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Train Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Brain Trauma
- Serious Burns
- Spinal Injuries
- Airplane and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Scooter Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Qualities That Set Us Apart from Other Personal Injury Law Firms
Each law firm takes a slightly different approach to investigating claims and handling settlement negotiations. Unfortunately, not every law firm is committed to devoting the time and resources needed to provide the best possible representation to every client. Some practices only accept cases that seem easy to win, and if the opposing party refuses to cooperate or an unexpected issue arises, they might not invest the extra effort to win the full compensation you deserve.
As a client of Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to help you fight for the highest settlement possible. We’ve built our reputation on tirelessly representing clients through every stage of the proceedings. Our attorneys are always willing to devote extra time and effort to achieve the best result.
Here are a few more qualities that set us apart from other law firms:
- Narrow Scope of Practice: Some law firms accept cases in a wide variety of practice areas. A single attorney might be handling a divorce case, criminal case, and car accident claim at the same time. But at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our practice is devoted to personal injury law. That means we have an in-depth knowledge of the relevant case law, statutes, and procedures. We understand how to overcome even the most complex disputes, and we can tailor our settlement negotiation strategies to the unique circumstances of your case.
- Litigation Experience: Many personal injury lawyers in Isla Vista are reluctant to go to trial because it draws out the proceedings and adds to their workload. If the insurance company thinks your attorney wouldn’t be willing to go to court, they might take a hard-line during settlement negotiations. But at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we won’t hesitate to go to trial if the opposing party refuses to cooperate.
- Genuine Compassion for Our Clients: After a serious accident, you deserve to be represented by an attorney who not only will pursue the best possible result but also will treat you and your loved ones with the utmost compassion and professionalism. That’s exactly what you can expect from our Isla Vista personal injury attorneys. We will treat you like a member of our family and will aggressively represent your interests.
Can I Seek Punitive Damages?
If you were hurt due to someone’s blatantly reckless behavior, you might think he or she should have to pay punitive damages in addition to your economic and non-economic damages. Although punitive damages are not available in most cases, they might be warranted if the defendant’s misconduct involved malice, fraud, or oppression.
The best way to find out the types of damages that might be available in your particular case is to speak with an attorney. An Isla Vista personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can listen to your story, assess the evidence you’ve gathered, perform a thorough investigation, and calculate a settlement that accounts for all potentially recoverable damages.
Can I Use Social Media While My Case Is Pending?
It’s a good idea to stay off social media websites until your claim has been resolved. In fact, you should deactivate your profiles and ask your friends and family not to mention you on social media for the time being.
Anything you post on social networking sites—or anything other people post about you—might be seen by the insurance adjuster and used to dispute liability or damages. A single photo of you spending time with friends could be all it takes for the insurance company to challenge the severity of your injuries. Since posts can be taken out of context, it’s best to play it safe and avoid social media entirely.
Speak With Our Isla Vista Personal Injury Lawyers Today
When you’re ready to speak with an attorney about your case, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Valuable evidence may be time-sensitive, so it’s important that you seek legal counsel as soon as possible.
Call us anytime, day or night, at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free consultation. You can also send us a message on our contact page.