Menlo Park Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyer
Nobody expects to suffer a sudden injury or death in the family, so when it happens, the physical, emotional, and financial burden can feel overwhelming. The Menlo Park personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers understand how challenging it can be to cope in the aftermath of such a tragic event. We are here to help you pursue the compensation you need to move on with life.
There’s no charge for the initial consultation, and our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. That means if we don’t win your case, you won’t have to pay any fees. To schedule a case review with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Accident Cases Our Menlo Park Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
- 18-Wheeler Crashes
- Car Wrecks
- Boat Accidents
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Motorbike Crashes
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Train Crashes
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Airplane, Helicopter, and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
We’ll Make Sure the Insurance Company Treats You Fairly
Most personal injury claims are brought against the insurance company of the party who is responsible for the claimant’s damages. These insurers are businesses like any other, so maximizing their profits is a top priority. Unfortunately, that means they have financial incentive to search for reasons to undervalue and deny claims.
You can expect the insurance adjuster to review your case from all angles to find potential weaknesses. It is important that you don’t say or do anything that would give the adjuster a reason to dispute your claim. This is where the legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
Our Menlo Park personal injury attorneys have many decades of combined experience taking on some of the largest insurance companies in the nation. We know the strategies they use to reduce their liability, and we can protect your rights throughout the proceedings.
Below are just a few tactics the insurer might employ to reduce the amount of compensation they have to pay out:
- Offering to Settle Your Case Early: If your injury will take several weeks or months to heal, it’s usually best to put off settlement negotiations until you have reached maximum medical improvement. That way, you won’t end up accepting a payout that’s too low to cover your healthcare expenses and lost income. The insurance company may try to offer you a settlement early in the proceedings, but if you don’t know the extent of your damages, the first offer may be only a fraction of what you will need to maintain your financial security.
- Delaying the Proceedings: The insurance company has the right to investigate your claim to determine whether it should be approved or denied; however, they cannot unreasonably delay the settlement negotiations. Our Menlo Park personal injury lawyers can help you avoid unnecessary delays.
- Taking Your Statements out of Context: Providing a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster is one of the biggest (and most common) mistakes a personal injury claimant can make. Don’t forget that the adjuster represents the insurance company. You never know how your statements will be taken out of context to dispute liability or damages. The bottom line: You should leave all phone calls, emails, and other correspondence to your injury lawyer.
- Arguing That You Failed to Mitigate Your Damages: Personal injury claimants must take reasonable steps to minimize their healthcare expenses, lost income, and other damages. For example, they must obey their doctor’s instructions—even if that means taking several months off work. They might also have to abstain from exercising and physical activities in general. Following a strict treatment regimen can be challenging, but if the claims adjuster finds out that you missed doctor’s appointments or otherwise failed to mitigate your damages, you will likely face a dispute.
- Shifting Fault to the Claimant: California is a pure comparative negligence state, which means if you were partially liable for the accident that caused your injuries, you will be responsible for paying the portion of your damages that corresponds to your percentage of fault. A Menlo Park personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can gather all available evidence of liability and help you take the necessary steps to reduce the likelihood that you will be held financially responsible for a portion of your losses.
- Assessing Social Media Accounts: The less you use social media websites after your accident, the better. In fact, it’s a good idea to disable your social media accounts while your case is pending because the insurance adjuster will likely review them for evidence that can be used to dispute your claim.
Speak With Our Menlo Park Personal Injury Legal Team
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are passionate about helping victims of personal injury and their families fight for the compensation they deserve. To speak with a member of our team in a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click here to send us a message on our contact page.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price indication: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|