Montebello Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
The Montebello personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent individuals who have been injured or lost loved ones due to the carelessness or wrongful acts of others. We have the resources to take on even the largest insurance companies and corporations, but we are dedicated to providing the personal touch of a neighborhood practice.
If you need advice regarding your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, contact us today for a free consultation. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with one of our seasoned accident attorneys in Montebello. If you cannot come to our office, we will come to you.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Montebello, California
Whether you’re certain that you are owed compensation or you’re not sure if your case has merit, our attorneys are ready to assess your situation for free and provide honest legal guidance.
We represent clients in the following types of cases:
- Car Accident Cases
- Semi-Truck Accident Cases
- Motorcycle Accident Cases
- Boat Accident Cases
- Spinal Cord Injury Cases
- Burn Injury Cases
- Brain Injury Cases
- Bicycle Accident Cases
- Premises Liability Cases
- Slip and Fall Cases
- Pedestrian Accident Cases
- Dog Bite Cases
- Bus Accident Cases
- Airplane Accident Cases
- Scooter Injury Cases
- Uber & Lyft Accident Cases
- Turo Vehicle Accident Cases
- Train Accident Cases
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Other Personal Injury Cases
How Soon Should I Hire a Montebello Personal Injury Lawyer?
After a serious injury, seeking medical attention should be your top concern. But you should contact a personal injury attorney as soon as you feel well enough to do so. Although, the idea of filing a claim might seem daunting, recovering a fair settlement will be far more challenging if you put off the proceedings.
Here are a few reasons why it is better to consult a Montebello injury attorney sooner rather than later:
- There Are Strict Deadlines for Filing Lawsuits: If the opposing party refuses to cooperate, the best option might be filing a lawsuit and going to trial; however, if the deadline for filing has already passed, your case will almost certainly be dismissed. In some scenarios, such as when suing a government entity, you have to file an administrative claim within just a few months of the accident.
- Evidence Won’t Be Available Forever: To win your case, you will need strong evidence to prove liability and damages. Unfortunately, much of this evidence is time sensitive. For example, surveillance footage and black box data might be erased. The sooner you enlist the help of an attorney, the more likely it will be that he or she will still be able to collect essential evidence.
- Shorter Investigation Time: The more time your accident lawyer has to investigate your case, the better. The most reputable attorneys don’t like to cut corners; they want to review every aspect of a case from all angles. But this is only possible if there’s enough time to do so. Ultimately, waiting too long to contact a lawyer could result in a weaker case when settlement negotiations begin.
We’ll Help You Avoid Critical Mistakes
One of your attorney’s primary concerns will be helping you avoid costly mistakes that would jeopardize your claim. You should let your lawyer handle all talks with the insurance company because anything you say in a recorded conversation can be used to dispute your claim—and claims adjusters are not above using devious tactics to get claimants to admit fault or make other compromising statements.
Besides directing all correspondence to your attorney, you should also avoid using social media. One of the biggest errors you can make is publishing a photo or text post that gives the insurance company a reason to dispute liability or the severity of your injuries.
Yet another common and costly mistake is accepting a settlement without your lawyer’s permission. The insurance company might offer you a payout early in the proceedings because they know the medical bills and other expenses are adding up quickly. But if the offer doesn’t account for all your future damages and non-economic damages, you might end up getting far less compensation than you deserve.
The bottom line: Don’t say or do anything that might affect your case without your lawyer’s permission. When in doubt, call your attorney or send an email. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we return all phone calls and emails promptly because we understand how stressful the claims process can be, and we want our clients to make informed decisions at every stage of the proceedings.
Contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers Today in Montebello for a Free Consultation: 1-800-GO-HARRIS
The aftermath of a serious injury or wrongful death in the family is a difficult and confusing time. If you have questions about your case, contact a Montebello personal injury attorney from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for free legal advice. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||Open 24 hours|
|Tuesday||Open 24 hours|
|Wednesday||Open 24 hours|
|Thursday||Open 24 hours|
|Friday||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday||Open 24 hours|
|Sunday||Open 24 hours|