Casa De Oro-Mount Helix Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Honesty, hard work, and experience are the keys to winning a personal injury or wrongful death case—and that’s exactly what you can expect from the skilled legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our personal injury lawyers provide aggressive representation to clients in Casa de Oro-Mount Helix and surrounding communities.
Our goal is the same as yours—to get you the compensation you deserve as soon as possible. With decades in legal practice, our attorneys have earned a reputation as some of the most talented and knowledgeable in the state of California.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free consultation. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Types of Cases We Handle in Casa de Oro-Mount Helix:
• Bus Accidents
• Car Crashes
• Large Truck Accidents
• Boat Accidents
• Train Accidents
• Scooter Injuries
• Dog Bites
• Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
• Slip and Fall Injuries
• Premises Liability
• Pedestrian Injuries
• Brain Trauma
• Spinal Cord Injuries
• Serious Burns
• Bicycle Accident Injuries
• Airplane & Other Aircraft Accidents
• Motorcycle Accidents
• Turo Accidents
• Wrongful Death
• Other Personal Injuries
Do I Have Sufficient Grounds for a Personal Injury Claim?
Although every personal injury case is unique, there are a few components that must exist in order to have grounds for a claim. The best way to find out if your case has merit is to discuss your situation with a personal injury attorney in Casa de Oro-Mount Helix.
You may have grounds for a claim if the following are true:
• The Defendant Owed You a Duty of Care: A duty of care is a legal obligation to exercise a level of care that a person of ordinary prudence would exercise given the circumstances. For instance, business owners have a duty to perform reasonable maintenance in order to prevent slips and falls. Commercial truck drivers have a duty to obey the Hours of Service regulations to prevent accidents caused by drowsiness.
• A Breach of Duty Occurred: Negligence is the basis of most personal injury claims. A person is negligent if they breach the duty of care owed to another party. In cases governed by strict liability, it is not necessary to prove the defendant was negligent to secure a monetary recovery. In the state of California, strict liability applies to some dog bite and product liability cases. You can also file a tort claim if you were injured due to another person’s intentional wrongdoing.
• You Suffered an Injury or Loss: Your personal injury lawyer must be able to prove the breach of duty caused your injury or loss. Read on to learn more about proving damages.
Proving Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Besides proving liability, your personal injury lawyer must also demonstrate the value of your healthcare expenses and other damages. Below are a few types of evidence that might contribute to your claim:
• Medical Bills: Personal injury claimants can seek compensation for any past and future medical expenses related to their injury, including the costs of doctor’s visits, surgeries, physical therapy, psychological counseling, and prescription medications.
• Medical Records: If the opposing party disputes the extent of your damages, your attorney might use diagnostic images and notes from your doctor to prove the severity of your injuries.
• Proof of Lost Income: Your recent income tax returns and paystubs can indicate the amount of compensation you lost during recovery. If you have not yet reached maximum medical improvement, you may also be entitled to compensation for loss of future earnings. If your injury will cause a permanent impairment of your ability to earn an income, your claim can also include compensation for lost earning capacity.
• Property Repair Estimates: Was any of your property damaged in the accident? Your lawyer might use contractor estimates to prove the cost of repairs or replacement.
• Other Receipts and Invoices: Domestic help, transportation to the doctor’s office, and any other expenses stemming from your injury may be recoverable in your claim. Be sure to keep invoices and receipts for these costs.
• Photos of Injuries: Pictures can demonstrate the severity of your injuries and might help your attorney prove pain and suffering.
• Your Personal Injury Journal: This is another potential source of evidence to help your lawyer demonstrate how your injuries have affected your life.
• Expert Witness Testimony: The testimony of medical and financial experts often plays an important role in proving damages, especially in cases involving ongoing medical care or lost earning capacity.
Discuss Your Claim With Our Personal Injury Legal Team in Casa de Oro-Mount Helix
As a client of Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can expect to be treated with the utmost respect and consummate professionalism through every step of the proceedings. Whether your case is large or small, our attorneys and support staff will give you the personalized representation you deserve.
You can reach us anytime, day or night, by calling our 24-hour phone-line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. You can also use our online contact form to send us a message. We can come to you if you cannot come to us for the initial consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|