Every year, millions of individuals across the U.S. are hurt because of someone else’s poor behavior. All it takes is for one person to be careless, reckless, or act with malicious or criminal intent, and the results can range from inconvenient to catastrophic. When you or a family member are a victim of someone else’s negligence or misconduct in Ojai, California, we recommend calling us at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. As an experienced Ojai personal injury and wrongful death law firm, we are here to help you determine your rights and legal options, and when appropriate, pursue full and fair compensation. To ensure you can receive accurate legal information, we offer free, no-risk consultations. By calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS, you can schedule an appointment at a time and place most convenient for you. There are no fees to talk with an Ojai personal injury lawyer about your circumstances and options, and there is no obligation to hire our firm. However, if you have a valid personal injury or wrongful death claim, and you believe we are the right firm to help you, we will take you case on a contingency fee basis. This means there are no up-front or hourly fees. You do not owe us anything unless we obtain you compensation for your injuries or loss.
Our Ojai Accident Lawyers Accept a Wide Range of Claims
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our team accepts personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from all sorts of incidents, including but not limited to:
- Auto Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Scooter Injury Claims
- Airplane Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Claims
- Severe Burn Injury Claims
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
- Slip and Falls
- Dog Bite and Animal Attacks
How Our Ojai Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Before you take steps to consult with prospective lawyers and hire a firm, you may want to know how a personal injury or wrongful death lawyer can help. You need and deserve some reassurance that including a personal injury lawyer in the claim will help you and not make things more difficult or contentious. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are not put off by your hesitance to hire an attorney. We understand your apprehension, which is why we are upfront about how we can help you pursue the maximum amount of compensation possible for your injuries or the loss of a loved one.
- To begin with, we thoroughly and independently investigate the accident that led to your injuries or loss. We do not simply rely on a brief police report or an insurance company’s findings. The more unique, catastrophic, or contentious your circumstances, the more important it is that we dive deep into what happened and why.
- Through our investigation, we gather all types of evidence. This may include photos, videos, sound recordings, hardcopy records, electronic records and data, police and other accident reports, and eye witness testimony. Some of this we can gather on our own. However, when there is evidence under the control of another party, such as a business, then we have to take legal steps to obtain that information. We may need to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit quickly. During the discovery process, we can obtain information through depositions (out-of-court questioning), interrogatories (questions the other party must answer), and requests for documents.
- We may obtain additional legal resources, such as hiring expert witnesses. Your claim may benefit from one or more types of experts. For example, if it is unclear why a traffic crash occurred, we may hire an accident reconstructionist. If your medical condition is severe and/or complex, we may hire medical experts to support your injury claims.
- Or, if you now suffer from a disfigurement or disability that impacts your employment opportunities, we may hire an economic expert to prove your reduced earning capacity and financial losses. This leads us to our next point. We will carefully calculate your damages, which include your physical injuries, emotional and psychological injuries, and expenses and financial losses. This is how we will determine the full potential value of your claim and decide on how much compensation to demand during a lawsuit or an insurance claim.
- Whether or not we file a lawsuit right away, we are likely to participate in insurance settlement negotiations. Many personal injury and wrongful death claims are settled without going to trial because the at-fault party is covered by an insurance policy that can pay you a settlement. Unfortunately, many initial settlement offers made by insurers are low, which is why we are prepared to negotiate for a greater and fairer sum.
If we are unable to reach an appropriate settlement agreement, we will prepare to fight for your compensation at trial. We are proud to be able to say we have obtained more than $300 million in settlements and court verdicts for more than 5,000 clients throughout California. To have a more in-depth talk with an Ojai personal injury lawyer about how we can help, call Harris Personal Injury Lawyers at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a consultation.