If you've been seriously injured or lost a family member in a sudden accident, you probably have more important things than money on your mind. But if your financial security is at stake, you need to take immediate action to protect your future. A Pine Hills personal injury lawyer at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can assess your case for free and help you determine the most strategic way to proceed. Our lawyers have represented thousands of clients in tort claims involving vehicle accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, and other injuries. We are well-versed in California personal injury statutes and case law, and our attorneys have recovered more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts. Your initial consultation is free, and you won’t owe any attorneys’ fees unless we win. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with a member of our team.
Types of Cases Our Pine Hills Personal Injury Lawyers Accept:
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- Bus Crashes
- Motorbike Crashes
- Rideshare Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Train Accidents
- Airplane Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Brain Trauma
- Serious Burns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Scooter Injuries
- Dog Bites and Other Animal Attacks
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Questions Your Attorney Might Ask During the Initial Consultation
The importance of investigating a personal injury case right away cannot be overstated. Essential evidence may eventually become unavailable, which could greatly weaken your case and possibly increase the likelihood of a dispute. Our phone-line is open 24/7 to take your call. You can prepare for the initial consultation by gathering any evidence you have and considering your responses to the following questions:
- How did the accident occur? For your claim to be successful, you must be able to prove that the opposing party is liable for your damages. In most cases, this requires proving that the opposing party was negligent. Your lawyer will want to know when, where, and how the accident occurred to determine how to approach the investigation and the types of evidence to gather.
- Did police attend the scene? The insurance company will review any official documentation of the accident when determining whether to approve your claim. Your Pine Hills personal injury lawyer will want to see this documentation to understand the facts of your case, gauge the likelihood of a dispute, and prepare accordingly.
- Did you take photos? Pictures and video footage of the accident scene, injuries, and property damage may help your attorney prove liability and damages.
- Did you get the contact details of eyewitnesses? Your lawyer might want to reach out to eyewitnesses to find out if they saw how your accident occurred and whether they would be willing to provide testimony.
- Have you visited a doctor yet? If you haven’t already done so, you should visit a doctor right away so your injuries are documented and to prevent the insurance company from arguing that you have failed to mitigate your damages.
- What types of medical care have you received? If your claim is successful, you may be able to recover compensation for any necessary and reasonable healthcare costs.
- Have you taken time off work to recover? Lost income can also be included in your claim.
- Are you active on social media? Your posts and photos may be used by the insurance adjuster to dispute your claim. It’s important that you use social media cautiously while your case is pending or, preferably, disable your accounts entirely.
- What types of insurance are available? Your attorney will want to know if you have any insurance policies that might apply to your case and if you’re aware of the opposing party’s insurance coverage.
- Did you contribute to the accident in any way? It’s not uncommon for more than one person, including the injured party, to contribute to a single accident. If you are found to have been partially at fault, your final recovery may be reduced by your own percentage of liability. A Pine Hills personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can take the necessary steps to minimize the percentage of liability assigned to you.
- Have you spoken to the insurance company? If you’ve made any statements to the insurance company, it’s likely that they were recorded. These statements may be used to dispute your claim. Your lawyer will want to know about any correspondence you’ve had with the insurer and will advise you to direct any future calls and emails to the law firm.
Our Pine Hills Legal Team is Awaiting Your Call!
The attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will work closely with you and your family to understand your situation and determine the most strategic way to proceed with your claim. We have built our reputation on performing thorough investigations and tirelessly representing our clients through every stage of the proceedings. Use our Contact Form or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation.