The Pinole personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers take a client-centered approach to representation, which means we tailor our legal strategies to the specific needs of each client and the unique facts of each case. This philosophy has helped our attorneys recover over $300 million for victims of personal injury and wrongful death throughout California. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, during which we will answer your questions and help you determine the most strategic way to proceed with your claim. Our phone-line is available 24/7, and we can come to you if you cannot come to us. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free case review.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Pinole:
- Car Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Bicycle Accidents
- Truck Wrecks
- Boat Crashes
- Turo Accidents
- Scooter Injuries
- Aircraft Accidents
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Dog Bites
- Train Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Rideshare Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
What Damages Might Be Recoverable in a Pinole Personal Injury Claim?
A serious injury or wrongful death in the family can result in all kinds of unexpected costs. Besides medical bills and lost income, your savings can also take a hit due to property repairs, home care, child care, and alternative transportation. And then there’s the intangible consequences of the incident such as emotional distress and pain and suffering. Fortunately, the state of California allows personal injury claimants to seek compensation for all economic and non-economic damages they incur through the fault of another person. Below is an overview of the damages that might be recoverable in a personal injury case:
- Medical Bills: You can include the cost of any emergency care, surgeries, doctor’s visits, medication, physical therapy, and other necessary care in the settlement negotiations. If you will require ongoing care, your Pinole personal injury attorney can help you seek compensation for future medical bills. The value of future healthcare can be challenging to calculate without an attorney who works closely with well-credentialed medical specialists. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know when to bring in medical experts to assist with the investigation and provide testimony.
- Lost Income: If you were sidelined from work or if you lost a family member who provided financial support, you can include lost income in your claim. In cases involving long-term injuries or permanent disabilities, claimants may also be able to recover compensation for future loss of earnings, lost benefits, and vocational training.
- Other Objectively Calculable Losses: Each personal injury case is unique, so the types of damages incurred by one person could be very different from the damages incurred by another. If you have children, for example, and you could not take care of them due to your injuries, you may be able to include the cost of child care in the settlement calculations. If you had to get modifications to your home or vehicle to accommodate your injury, those costs can be included, as well.
- Loss of Consortium: If your spouse or registered domestic partner suffered an injury that has affected your companionship or intimacy, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of consortium.
- Emotional Distress: If the defendant exhibited outrageous misconduct and intentionally inflicted emotional distress on you, it may be possible to recover compensation for emotional distress. You may also be entitled to such damages if you witnessed a loved one die due to the defendant’s negligence.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: If you are no longer able to participate in the activities you enjoyed before your injury, you may be able to include compensation for loss of enjoyment of life in the settlement calculations.
- Pain and Suffering: If your injury has caused you intense physical pain, mental suffering, disfigurement, disability, grief, anxiety, or humiliation, you may be able to recover compensation for pain and suffering.
Each personal injury claim is unique, and the types of recoverable damages and their value can vary from one case to the next. A Pinole personal injury attorney from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate your case to determine the kinds of damages you may be able to pursue and gather the evidence needed to prove their value. In cases involving severe injuries or permanent disabilities, calculating damages can be complicated and may require input from medical and financial experts. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work with a network of specialists who can help with the settlement calculations and provide testimony regarding the extent of your damages.
Speak with a Pinole Personal Injury Lawyer Today: Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
If you or someone you love was seriously injured through the fault of another person, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for guidance. We are passionate about helping the injured and their families pursue the compensation they need to get their lives back. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact page to set up a free case review.