The thought of filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim can seem overwhelming—especially in the immediate aftermath of the incident. You may be facing a long list of obligations with no relief in sight, and you might have to find a new way to pay your bills virtually overnight. The Pittsburg personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers understand what you’re going through, and we are here to simplify the claims process and help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Our lawyers will handle all the complexities of your case and help you avoid critical mistakes. We will perform an immediate investigation—while important evidence is still available—and devote all the resources at our disposal to strengthen your claim before settlement negotiations begin. With a tireless approach to representation and a passion for the law, our attorneys have collected over $300 million for clients throughout California. To discuss your case in a free consultation, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Cases Our Pittsburg Personal Injury Lawyers Handle:
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Auto Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Boating Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Large Truck Wrecks
- Scooter Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Aircraft Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Rideshare Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Serious Burn Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs)
- Bus Crashes
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
How Soon Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
One of the biggest mistakes you can make after a personal injury or wrongful death in the family is waiting too long to consult an attorney. As tempting as it may be to put off your claim until your schedule opens up, doing so may allow time-sensitive evidence to become unavailable. Also, eyewitness testimony becomes less reliable over time, and there are deadlines for filing tort lawsuits in California. If this deadline passes and you try to file suit, your case will most likely be dismissed. The best time to contact an attorney is right after your health has stabilized. In fact, if you do not require emergency medical treatment, you should call a lawyer while you’re still at the accident scene. A Pittsburg personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can explain the steps you should take and the mistakes you must avoid to give your claim the best possible chance of success. Never forget: Anything you do or say after being injured might affect the outcome of your case. Here are just a few reasons why you should contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers right away:
- To Avoid Critical Mistakes: There are countless ways for personal injury claimants to jeopardize their cases inadvertently. For example, you might admit fault at the scene or to the insurance adjuster, or downplay the severity of your injuries during a recorded phone call. Another common mistake is posting information about your accident or injury on social media. Facebook and other social networking websites have become primary sources of evidence for insurance adjusters who are tasked with finding reasons to undervalue and deny claims. If you call our law firm right away, we can help you avoid costly errors that might compromise your entire case.
- To Avoid Correspondence with the Insurance Company: It’s not uncommon for a personal injury victim to make a statement that can be used to dispute liability or the value of their damages. Even if you believe what you say could only strengthen your case, it’s always possible that the insurance adjuster will take your statements out of context.
- To Start the Investigation Immediately: Depending on the circumstances, the defendant may be inclined to alter or destroy evidence of negligence. For example, if you were hurt in a slip and fall, surveillance footage may be erased, and the hazard may be fixed before it can be documented. If you were injured by a negligent truck driver, the vehicle’s black box data might be destroyed. A Pittsburg personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can get to work right away to gather evidence while it is still available.
- To Get Answers to Your Questions: Most people know very little about the process of filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim. This uncertainty can greatly increase the stress of an already difficult situation. You may be fixated on the worst-case scenario and dreading the possibility of falling into debt. A seasoned personal injury attorney can help you understand the proceedings, explain the potential strengths and weaknesses of your case, and answer your questions, all of which can profoundly reduce any anxiety you are feeling about the process.
Contact a Pittsburg Personal Injury Lawyer Today: Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know how difficult it can be to cope with the emotional and physical impacts of a serious injury. Although filing a claim against the at-fault party won’t undo the trauma you have experienced, it may allow you to regain your financial footing. To speak with a member of our team in a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message on our contact page.