Nobody should have to contend with financial uncertainty due to a serious injury or wrongful death that someone else caused. Sadly, thousands of people in California face this predicament every year. If you’re one of them, our Point Mugu personal injury lawyers can evaluate your situation for free to determine if you may be entitled to compensation. Our attorneys have many decades of combined experience and have won hundreds of millions of dollars for clients. We’ll handle the logistics of your case from day one so you can focus on your health and your family. To schedule a free case review, contact our office at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Point Mugu
- Bike Accidents
- Car Crashes
- Truck Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Public, Tour, and Other Bus Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Falls
- Serious Burn Trauma
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Rideshare Service Accidents
- Airplane Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Turo Accidents
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
What Will Happen During My Initial Consultation?
Most people have never needed to hire a personal injury lawyer before. If this applies to you, it’s only natural to be nervous about the initial consultation and to wonder what to expect. Your Point Mugu personal injury attorney will have several goals during your first meeting, which will include:
- Determining If Your Case Has Merit: Your attorney will ask questions to find out if you have grounds for a claim. Your lawyer will need to identify the basis of your claim—negligence, intentional wrongdoing, or strict liability—and determine what specifically caused your damages.
- Identifying Weaknesses and Strengths of Your Case: Even if your claim seems valid, there might be weaknesses that increase the likelihood of a dispute. For example, if you were hit by a drunk driver but you were speeding at the time of the crash, this could lead to a liability dispute as the insurance company might argue that your own negligence was a contributing factor. If you didn’t visit a doctor right away, the insurer might argue that you’ve failed to mitigate your damages. If you had a pre-existing condition, the insurer might contend that your injury wasn’t caused in the accident. These are just some of the countless factors that could lead to a dispute. Fortunately, our Point Mugu personal injury attorneys have the experience and resources to overcome disputes and make sure the insurance company treats you fairly.
- Determining How to Approach the Investigation: No two personal injury cases are exactly alike, so there’s no one-size-fits-all investigative approach that works for every claim. During your initial consultation, your lawyer will try to determine the kinds of evidence that will be needed to support your case. This evidence will depend on the specific cause of your accident, where it occurred, whether there were witnesses, the types of damages you incurred, the severity of your injuries, and a variety of other factors.
- Giving You Valuable Insight: It’s important that you are careful about what you say and do while your claim is pending. Your lawyer will explain the mistakes you must avoid and the steps you must take to protect your case. This advice might include following your doctor’s orders, staying off social media, directing all calls from the insurance company to your attorney, tracking your damages, keeping a personal injury journal, and avoiding activities that might aggravate your injuries.
We Handle Catastrophic Injury Cases
The severity of your injuries will have a major impact on the claims process, so it’s important that you turn to an attorney who has extensive experience handling cases like yours. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a track record of success in cases involving spinal cord injuries, brain trauma, serious burns, and other types of catastrophic injuries. Here are just a few factors that make these cases unique:
- Claim Value: More serious and permanent injuries tend to result in much higher settlements. If you’ve suffered a permanent disability, the potential value of your claim would most likely be higher than someone who sustained only a minor injury since you’ll probably incur more medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering.
- Duration: Catastrophic injuries tend to take longer to heal, which can draw out the proceedings since your attorney may want you to reach maximum medical improvement before initiating settlement negotiations.
- Evidence: It’s often necessary to bring in medical, vocational, and financial experts to provide testimony regarding the cost of medical care and lost income associated with a catastrophic injury.
Our lawyers understand the nuances of these cases and can use their vast resources and many decades of experience to help you pursue the full compensation you deserve and avoid critical mistakes along the way.'
Get the Advice You Need: Speak with Our Point Mugu Personal Injury Attorneys Today
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a member of our team, call our 24/7 phoneline at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. You can also Click Here to send us a message online.