Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides aggressive representation to accident victims in Hueneme and throughout Ventura County. Our highly knowledgeable attorneys and outstanding support staff have recovered more than $300 million for clients, but they remain committed to offering the personal touch of a small, neighborhood practice. We return calls and emails promptly and thoroughly investigate every claim we handle. If there’s one factor that sets us apart, it’s our committing to devoting the time, effort, and resources to achieve the best possible outcome—no matter the size of the case. To arrange a free, confidential case review, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We’re available 24 hours a day.
The Claims Harris Personal Injury Lawyers in Port Hueneme Handle:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Aircraft Accidents
- Boating Injuries
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Tour, Public, and Other Bus Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Train Wrecks
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Bike Accidents
- Serious Burns
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Rideshare Service Accidents
- Scooter Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Damages Available in Port Hueneme Personal Injury Cases
If you’re facing an uncertain financial future due to a serious injury or death in the family, you probably just want to recover the compensation you need to regain economic stability. The pressure to settle can feel overwhelming—especially if you’re falling behind on essential payments. But if you sign a release from the insurance company, you won’t be able to seek further compensation if your costs turn out to be higher than anticipated, or if you find out later that the settlement didn’t account for pain and suffering and other recoverable damages. Our Port Hueneme personal injury lawyers can serve as an objective source of guidance when it comes to settlement negotiations. We’ll help you determine when to initiate settlement negotiations—which might not be until you’ve reached maximum medical improvement—and we’ll determine the value of your damages so you don’t agree to an unfair payout. In California, the following damages might be available in personal injury cases:
- Past and Future Healthcare Expenses: If you were hurt through no fault of your own, you shouldn’t have to pay for medical bills out of your own pocket. Fortunately, the at-fault party may be liable for your past healthcare bills as well as medical costs that you’re reasonably certain to incur in the future. These may include emergency care, surgeries, physical therapy, doctor’s visits, prescription drugs, medical equipment, and other reasonable and necessary costs.
- Lost Wages: Most people would fall behind on their bills after missing just one paycheck. No matter what your financial situation is, being put out of work can take a huge bite out of your finances. Your claim can include wages you would have earned if the accident had not happened.
- Lost Earning Capacity: Some injuries are so severe that the victim can never return to the same profession. Our Port Hueneme personal injury attorneys can make sure your claim accounts for any future loss of earnings. We work closely with economic experts who can determine a fair calculation for lost earning capacity and provide testimony if the insurance company refuses to cooperate.
- Pain and Suffering: People who sustain serious injuries may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering.
- Emotional Distress: If you suffered a physical disorder after an impact injury, or if you witnessed a family member suffer a catastrophic or fatal injury, you might be entitled to emotional distress damages.
- Property Damage: It’s not uncommon for property to be damaged or destroyed in the same accident that causes a bodily injury. You can account for property repairs and replacement in your claim.
- Loss of Consortium: This refers to the loss of love, assistance, protection, care, society, and other intangible elements provided by a deceased spouse or registered domestic partner.
- Hedonic Damages: A severe injury can greatly reduce the victim’s enjoyment in life. Hedonic damages may be recoverable if you are unable to enjoy the same social activities or hobbies that you loved before the accident, or if your injuries have affected your general quality of life or relationships with loved ones.
As you can see, lost income and medical bills may only account for a portion of the financial award in a personal injury case. A Port Hueneme personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you identify the types of damages that may be recoverable for you and your loved ones.
Speak with One of Our Port Hueneme Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Our lawyers have the knowledge and experience to provide effective representation from your initial consultation to the settlement negotiations and all the way to trial if necessary. We won’t settle for anything less than the full compensation you deserve. Use our contact form or dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case review.