If you have suffered an injury that you believe was caused by another person's negligence, you may be able to recover compensation for the resulting medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. The Portola Valley personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can assess your case for free and help you determine how best to proceed. Recovering a fair settlement can be incredibly challenging without the help of a seasoned attorney. Insurance companies will go to great lengths to undervalue or deny claims, and one small mistake could be the difference between collecting the compensation you deserve and walking away with nothing. With decades in legal practice and over $300 million recovered for clients, the attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have the experience and resources to represent your interests. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Cases Our Portola Valley Personal Injury Lawyers Handle:
- Car Crashes
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Motorbike Accidents
- Boating Injuries
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Bus Crashes
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Airplane and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Scooter Injuries
- Dog Attacks
- Train Accidents
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
What Can I Do to Strengthen My Personal Injury Claim?
When you hire Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you’ll be able to focus on your health and well-being without concerning yourself with the legal complexities of the claims process. We will compile evidence, talk to eyewitnesses, consult with the relevant experts if necessary, and take any other steps needed to give your case the best chance of success. There are, however, a few things you can do to ensure our investigation gets off to a strong start, such as:
- Schedule Your Consultation as Soon as Possible: There are a variety of reasons why a personal injury victim might put off their consultation with an attorney. Some feel so overwhelmed in the aftermath of the accident that they can’t bear to think about legal proceedings; others choose to delay the consultation until they can compile more evidence. Even if you haven’t had the opportunity to gather evidence, you should contact our office as soon as possible. Much of the evidence to support your claim may be time-sensitive, so it’s important that we are able to conduct the investigation right away. We can also help you avoid critical mistakes early in the proceedings that would compromise your case down the road.
- Gather Evidence: Once you’ve scheduled a consultation, go ahead and compile any evidence you have available. Bring the police and/or incident report, a written description of what happened, eyewitness contact information, and medical records.
- Disable Your Social Media Profiles: You should disable your social media accounts or at least set them to “private” so only your friends and connections can access them. This might prevent the insurance company from using your social media pages to gather evidence against you. Unfortunately, there are some workarounds to the privacy settings, so it’s best to disable your profiles until your case has been resolved.
- Visit a Doctor: If you haven’t undergone a medical evaluation yet, go to your doctor as soon as possible. Your Portola Valley personal injury lawyer will need medical documentation to prove the existence of your injuries, their severity, and tie them to the accident.
- Follow Your Healthcare Provider’s Instructions: Be sure to obey any instructions from your doctor, physical therapist, pharmacist, and other healthcare providers—even if they instruct you to take an extended amount of time off work and avoid physical activities. Following your treatment plan will reduce the likelihood that the claims adjuster will argue that you have failed to mitigate your damages.
The steps listed above can reduce the likelihood of a dispute and ensure your claim gets off to a strong start. If you have concerns or questions about your case, there’s no better source of guidance than a seasoned personal injury attorney. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call. A member of our team can review the facts of your case for free and help you make the right decisions to protect your legal rights and financial future.
Discuss Your Claim with a Portola Valley Personal Injury Legal Team: Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
Our legal team is passionate about helping victims of personal injury and wrongful death pursue the justice and compensation they deserve. After helping more than 5,000 clients, our attorneys have developed a refined knowledge of the law and valuable negotiation skills that few law firms possess. Your first consultation is free, and you won’t have to pay any legal fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact form to send us a message online.