California Burn Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
California Burn Injury Attorneys
If you were burned due to another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages. To win your case, you will need strong evidence to prove how your injury occurred and the value of your damages. You will also need to file the appropriate paperwork, meet strict deadlines, and possibly arrange testimony from expert witnesses. This is where California burn injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
We will evaluate your case for free, perform a thorough investigation, identify all responsible parties, and help you fight for the maximum settlement. We have the litigation experience to take your case to trial if necessary.
Our lawyers have won more than $300 million for our clients, and we have an extensive background handling complex burn injury cases. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Have You Been Burned? Contact Our Burn Injury Lawyers Today
Burn injuries are especially catastrophic because they can result in permanent scarring. In addition to medical bills and lost wages accrued during recovery, burn injuries can have devastating emotional and psychological effects.
Our California burn injury lawyers understand the adversity that you are facing, and we are ready to help you hold all liable parties accountable. We handle many types of burn injury cases including those involving:
- Chemical Burns: Exposure to a strong acid or base can result in severe burns. Common causes of chemical burns include ammonia, bleach, automobile battery acid, and pool chlorination products.
- Electrical Burns: Electrical burns tend to cause more sub-dermal damage than chemical and thermal burns. Exposure to electricity can also lead to heart complications, brain trauma, and damage to other organs.
- Burns Due to Gas Explosions: Gas explosions can occur due to a defective gas heater, gas stove, or gas line. Gas explosions often result in life-changing injuries that never fully heal.
- Burns Due to Automobile Accidents: Burn injuries can occur in auto accidents when a vehicle catches on fire, a hot liquid is spilled, or oil or gas comes into contact with the body.
- Fire-Related Burn Injuries: Nearly half of all burn injuries are due to direct contact with flames. These injuries often occur due to indoor and outdoor fires, cooking accidents, unattended cigarettes, and fireworks accidents.
- Burns Due to Scalding: About one-third of all burn injuries involve scalding. Scalding injuries occur due to direct contact with steam, spilled coffee, and other hot liquids.
Damages in California Burn Injury Claims
If you were burned due to the negligent or intentional act of another person or entity, you may be entitled to compensation for your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include past and future medical bills, reduced earning capacity, and lost income. Your claim can include any surgery needed to correct scarring and disfigurement resulting from your burn injury. Your claim can also include compensation for any property damage associated with the accident that caused your burns.
Non-economic damages include pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement, and other intangible losses. Non-economic damages can be substantial in burn injury cases when the victim sustained severe scarring—especially if the scarring is on a noticeable body part such as the face.
Who Is Liable for Damages After a Burn Injury?
You will need strong evidence to prove fault for your claim to be successful. California burn injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will investigate your case to determine who might be liable for your losses.
Liability will ultimately be determined by the cause of your injuries. For example, if you were injured in a car accident with a negligent motorist, you could bring a claim against the at-fault driver and/or his or her insurance company. If your injury was caused by a product defect—for instance, an exploding kettle—you may have grounds for a claim against the person or entity that designed, manufactured, distributed, or sold the product.
The accident lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers know what it takes to win fair compensation in personal injury cases involving burn injuries. Besides gathering evidence to prove liability, we will also track your damages to make sure your claim includes all potentially recoverable losses. We will help you avoid crucial mistakes that would compromise your case, and we will make sure the insurance company treats you fairly during every stage of the proceedings.
Contact Our Burn Injury Attorneys Today to Discuss Your Potential Burn Injury Claim
Our attorneys are ready to provide you and your family with the compassionate and aggressive legal representation that you deserve. Call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free initial consultation, or reach us online using our contact form. If you cannot make it into our office, we can come to you!