The Ramona personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent people who have been injured or lost a loved one in preventable accidents caused by the negligence of others. Our lawyers have a history of success in cases involving motor-vehicle collisions, slip and falls, dog bites, and other torts. We have won more than $300 million for clients throughout California, but we remain committed to offering the personalized representation of a local law firm. We will investigate your case thoroughly, meticulously prepare for settlement negotiations, and stay accessible to you throughout the proceedings. When you’re ready to discuss your case, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Ramona, California
- Truck Accidents
- Motorbike Crashes
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Airplane Accidents
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Bus Crashes
- Bike Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Dog Bites and Other Animal Attacks
- Train Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs)
- Brain Injuries
- Serious Burns
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Falls
- Scooter Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
What Types of Evidence Will My Personal Injury Lawyer Use to Support My Claim?
Compelling evidence is the key to winning any personal injury case. To prevail, you will need to prove the defendant was responsible for your injuries and demonstrate the extent of your damages. The types of evidence your attorney will use to do so depends on the cause of your accident, the damages you have incurred, and several other factors. Below are just a few kinds of evidence that often contribute to the strength of personal injury claims:
- Photographs and Video Footage: If you took pictures of the accident scene or the hazard that caused your injuries, these photos may help your attorney prove the underlying cause of the incident. Video footage of the accident may also help your Ramona personal injury lawyer prove liability.
- Diagnostic Imaging and Doctor’s Notes: Medical records can show the severity of your injuries and demonstrate the extent of your damages. They may also help your attorney tie your injuries to the accident.
- Eyewitness Testimony: Statements from people who saw the accident can be valuable if the parties involved disagree on pertinent facts.
- Expert Witness Testimony: If there’s a dispute regarding liability or damages, or if your injuries will require ongoing medical care, your attorney may bring in expert witnesses to provide testimony. The Ramona personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers work with specialists in a wide array of disciplines including economists, nurses, doctors, and financial experts.
- Medical Bills and Invoices: If your injuries were serious, medical costs may account for a significant portion of your potential settlement. Any documentation of healthcare expenses could strengthen your claim.
- Paystubs and Income Tax Returns: Lost wages can add up quickly if your injuries put you out of work. To determine the value of your lost income, your attorney may reference your recent paystubs and income tax returns.
- Receipts and Invoices for Other Costs: There are all sorts of costs a personal injury victim might incur outside of medical bills and lost income. For instance, if your injury or the medications you are taking prevent you from driving, you might need to pay for alternative transportation. If you are unable to take care of your kids due to your condition, you might have no choice but to invest in child care. Fortunately, your personal injury claim can account for any reasonable and necessary expenses related to your accident or injury.
- Other Evidence: Because every personal injury case is unique, two different claims may call for different types of evidence. For example, if you were hit by a drunk driver, chemical test results might help your lawyer prove negligence. If you were injured in a collision with a semi-truck, that vehicle’s black box data might be used to prove liability.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Discuss Your Case With Our Ramona Personal Injury Legal Department
The best attorneys are always willing to invest the time and effort needed to give every claim they handle the best possible chance of success. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to performing meticulous investigations so we have the strongest case possible before settlement negotiations begin. If you or someone you love was injured due to another person’s negligence, our legal team can protect your rights and help you pursue the compensation you deserve. We’ll make sure the insurance company treats you fairly, and if a dispute arises, we’ll devote the time and resources needed to fight for the best possible outcome. We offer free initial consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, so you have nothing to lose by speaking to a member of our team. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to set up a case evaluation.