Rancho Santa Fe Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
The Rancho Santa Fe personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have many decades of combined experience in a wide spectrum of tort claims. Our track record of success speaks for itself; we’ve recovered more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts, and hundreds of our satisfied clients have given us 5-star reviews on Google and other websites.
Although we’re one of the most accomplished law firms in the country, we’re still proud to offer personalized representation to those who need it most. We will return your calls and emails promptly and handle the logistics of your case so you can focus on the things that matter most, like your health and your family. For a free consultation, call our 24/7 phone-line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Accident Cases Our Rancho Santa Fe Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Spinal Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Serious Burn Trauma
- Dog Bites
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Turo Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Airplane and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
We’ll Level the Playing Field with the Insurance Company
An insurance company’s profits are largely dependent on its adjusters finding reasons to deny and reduce the value of claims. The adjuster is not on your side, and any statements you make to him or her may be used to dispute liability or damages.
Even if you’re careful about what you say to the insurance company, your statements could be misrepresented. Also, getting recorded statements isn’t the only strategy insurance providers use to challenge claims.
Below are a few other tactics they might employ:
- Offering an Early Settlement: Sometimes liability is fairly straightforward. If everyone agrees on the pertinent facts and there’s plenty of evidence to prove fault, the insurance company would have a tough time disputing liability. In this scenario, they may try to offer a low settlement early in the proceedings. You might be tempted to accept the initial offer, especially if you’re falling behind on essential bills, but doing so may lead to severe debt if your medical costs, lost income, and other damages turn out to be more expensive than anticipated. A Rancho Santa Fe personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can assess the insurance company’s offer to determine if it’s fair. Depending on the circumstances, it may be best to wait until you’ve reached maximum medical improvement to start the settlement negotiations.
- Prolonging the Investigation: Insurance adjusters know the longer they take to investigate a case, the more debt the claimant will likely incur. And as the injured party’s bills mount, so too does the pressure to settle. Our attorneys can stay on top of the insurance company and take steps to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Contesting the Extent of Your Damages: If you’ve incurred significant medical bills and lost income, the insurer might contend that you are exaggerating the extent of your damages. Strong evidence is the key to overcoming such a dispute. The Rancho Santa Fe personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you compile all available evidence and, if necessary, can bring in expert witnesses to provide testimony.
- Placing You Under Surveillance: If the insurance adjuster catches you participating in strenuous activities or otherwise disobeying your doctor’s orders, this might be used to argue that your own negligence has contributed to the severity of your injuries. Such a dispute could ultimately reduce the value of your claim.
- Scanning Your Social Media Profiles: You might think it necessary to keep friends and family updated on the progress of your recovery, but doing so could jeopardize your case. You should expect everything you post to be seen by the insurance adjuster—and perhaps misrepresented to dispute your claim. The solution: Stay off social media while your case is pending or, at the very least, set your accounts to private and don’t accept any new friend or connection requests.
Discuss Your Case With Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Rancho Santa Fe
After a serious injury or wrongful death in the family, there’s no substitute for personalized advice from a seasoned attorney. The accident lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are well-versed in the case law and statutes pertaining to tort claims in California. We can review the facts of your case, perform a thorough investigation, and make sure you are well-represented through every stage of the proceedings.
You deserve an aggressive and professional attorney who genuinely cares about your case. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will invest the time, resources, and effort needed to give your claim the best possible chance of success.
If we don’t win your case, you won’t owe any legal fees. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message using our Contact Form.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|