The Richmond personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are dedicated to helping clients recover the compensation they need to move on with life after serious accidents. Our lawyers have decades of combined experience negotiating with insurance companies, and we will protect your rights through every stage of the proceedings. Our attorneys are truly in a league of their own, with more than $300 million recovered in settlements and verdicts. We offer free, no-obligation consultations to prospective clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a case review.
Types of Claims We Handle in Richmond, California
- Car Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Bus Crashes
- Scooter Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Airplane Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Turo Accidents
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Why Choose Harris Personal Injury Lawyers?
There are plenty of attorneys in Contra Costa County who handle personal injury cases, but each lawyer takes a different approach to representing clients. Unfortunately, many law firms only accept cases that are easy to win, and if a dispute arises, they do not invest the necessary time and resources to give their clients the best possible chance of success. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are committed to providing personalized and attentive counsel to every one of our clients. We intentionally limit our caseload so our attorneys have plenty of time to devote to each case. Here are a few more qualities that set us apart from other personal injury lawyers in Richmond:
- A History of Substantial Settlements and Verdicts: You can tell a lot about a law firm by the results they have achieved in the past. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have recovered more than $300 million for clients throughout California. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience and have won thousands of claims. Insurance companies throughout the state know that we provide aggressive representation, which makes them think twice about taking us to trial.
- Refined Knowledge of the Legal System: The claims process can be unpredictable, which is why the best attorneys are able to adapt their legal strategies as their cases proceed. The Richmond personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of California personal injury laws and procedures, and we have overcome just about every strategy insurance companies use to deny or undervalue claims. You can rely on our knowledgeable and experienced team to provide strategic representation from the moment you contact our office to the day your case is resolved.
- Thorough Investigations: Winning a personal injury case requires more than an understanding of the relevant laws; it takes a thorough investigation to ensure a claim is as strong as possible before settlement negotiations begin. After the initial consultation, our attorneys will tailor their investigative approach to the unique facts of your case, and they will use every resource at their disposal to give your claim the highest chance of resulting in a fair settlement.
What Damages Might Be Recoverable in a California Personal Injury Case?
How much is my claim worth? This is one of the most frequently asked questions we get from clients. Unfortunately, there’s no way to calculate a fair settlement before performing a detailed investigation; however, one way to get an idea of the potential value of your case is to learn the types of damages that might be recoverable. In California, claimants in personal injury and wrongful death cases can pursue compensatory and punitive damages. Compensatory damages include economic and non-economic damages such as:
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future earnings;
- Medical bills;
- Property repairs and replacement;
- Other objectively verifiable losses such as home and vehicle modifications and alternative transportation;
- Loss of consortium;
- Emotional distress;
- Loss of enjoyment in life; and
- Pain and suffering.
Economic damages (medical bills, lost income, etc.) are verifiable using receipts, invoices, and perhaps the testimony of expert witnesses. Non-economic damages (emotional distress, pain and suffering, etc.) are subjective in nature. They can be difficult to recover without the assistance of a seasoned attorney, but at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a track record of success helping clients pursue non-economic damages. Unlike compensatory damages, punitive damages are intended to punish the defendant for malice, oppression, or fraud. If the defendant intentionally hurt you or engaged in particularly egregious behavior such as drunk driving, you might be awarded punitive damages.
Discuss Your Case With Our Richmond Personal Injury Legal Team
If you or someone in your family was seriously hurt in a sudden accident and you have questions about the claims process, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We will evaluate your situation for free and help you make informed decisions. Use our contact page or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free case assessment.