Salinas Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
The aftermath of a serious accident can be a challenging time. Medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses can add up fast. You may also be dealing with emotional trauma and debilitating pain. If you or someone in your family was severely injured through the fault of another person, the Salinas personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers want to hear your story.
Although we cannot undo the hardship you have experienced, we may be able to help you recover the compensation needed to restore your financial security. We have won more than $300 million for clients, and we will do everything in our power to get you every dollar you deserve.
Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with a member of our team and set up a free case review. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call.
Cases Our Salinas Personal Injury Lawyers Handle Many Accident Claims:
- Auto Accidents
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Big Rig Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Airplane, Helicopter, and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Dog Bites and Other Animal Attacks
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slips and Falls
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
We Will Make Sure the Insurance Company Treats You Fairly
If the person who caused your injuries carried insurance, it is likely that the claims adjuster will contact you within a few days of the accident. Many people assume that if they were not at fault for their injuries and they are honest with the insurance company, there’s nothing they can say that would jeopardize their case. Unfortunately, insurance adjusters are paid to find reasons to dispute claims, and anything you say may be misrepresented to reduce the insurance company’s liability.
For example, if you provide detailed information about your prognosis, this could harm your case if your injuries turn out to be more severe than your doctor anticipated. If you say that you have returned to work or have started participating in physical activities, these statements might be used to challenge the severity of your injuries.
The best way to deal with insurance adjusters is to let your attorney handle all correspondence. The Salinas personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have decades of combined experience negotiating with insurance companies in California. They are well versed in the tactics used by insurers to dispute claims and will not let the adjuster coerce you into making any compromising statements.
Here are just a few strategies the insurer might employ:
- Offering a Premature Settlement: It is not uncommon for insurance companies to offer a low settlement shortly after an accident, before the claimant has had the opportunity to speak with a personal injury lawyer. But once you accept a settlement offer, you will not be able to pursue further compensation, even if your injuries turn out to be more severe than expected. Also, early settlement offers might not account for emotional distress and other non-economic damages, which often make up a significant portion of personal injury and wrongful death settlements.
- Misrepresenting Recorded Statements: Claims adjusters might sound sincere when they ask, “How’s your recovery going?” but they are likely just fishing for responses that can be used against you. That’s why you should never provide a recorded statement to the insurer.
- Arguing You Were at Fault: If the insurance company can prove that you were partially at fault, your damages award may be reduced by your own percentage of fault. This is why the Salinas personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers meticulously investigate every case they handle—so they are prepared to overcome any liability disputes that might arise. Even if the other party was in fact responsible for your accident, you might be held partially liable for your damages if you fail to follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Scanning Social Media Accounts: Social networks have become a primary source of evidence for claims adjusters. A single photo of you participating in a physical activity could be all it takes to derail your claim. It is best to disable your social media accounts while your case is ongoing.
- Putting Claimants Under Surveillance: Millions of insurance claims are filed every year, so you might think the insurance company has too much on its plate to put you under surveillance. But this does happen, and if you are caught performing strenuous activities, the insurer might dispute the extent of your injuries.
Schedule a FREE Consultation with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Salinas
If your life has been turned upside down due to a sudden injury or death in the family, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for representation. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to arrange a free initial consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|