San Elijo Hills Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
If you were hurt due to another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for lost income, medical bills, and other damages. Unfortunately, the insurance company will search for reasons to deny or reduce the value of your claim. The San Elijo Hills personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can protect your rights and help you fight for the highest settlement possible.
Our attorneys have many decades of combined experience representing accident victims and their families. We’ve won hundreds of millions of dollars for clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
We offer free initial consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, so you have nothing to lose by speaking to a member of our team. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free case review.
Types of Accident Claims Our San Elijo Hills Personal Injury Lawyers Handle:
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Car Crashes
- Spinal Injuries
- Serious Burns
- Brain Trauma
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Motorbike Collisions
- Dog Bites
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Train Crashes
- Airplane and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
How Soon Should I Call a Personal Injury Attorney?
After a serious injury or wrongful death in the family, you have more important things to worry about than filing a claim. Unfortunately, the longer you wait to start the investigation into your accident, the more difficult it may be to win your case.
Here are a few reasons to call a lawyer right away:
- To Gather Time-Sensitive Evidence: The more evidence you have to prove liability and damages, the stronger your case will be. But much of the evidence to support your claim may be time sensitive. Surveillance footage can be erased. The hazard that caused a slip and fall can be fixed. Motor vehicles can get repaired before their damage can be documented. Your San Elijo Hills personal injury attorney will want to perform the investigation right away—before crucial evidence becomes unavailable.
- To Learn How to Mitigate Your Damages: It’s not always easy to follow doctors’ orders. If you enjoyed an active lifestyle before your injury, the thought of avoiding physical activities for several weeks might seem unbearable. If your physician instructs you to take time off work, you might be tempted to ignore that advice so you don’t fall behind on bills. But if the insurance adjuster has reason to believe you have failed to mitigate your damages (i.e. to minimize your medical expenses, lost income, and other damages), this might reduce the value of your claim. An attorney can explain the importance of mitigating your damages and help you avoid mistakes that would harm your case.
- To Avoid Critical Mistakes: Failing to mitigate your damages is just one of many errors that might jeopardize your claim. Your lawyer can explain what you should and should not do to give your case the best possible chance of success. Common errors that could harm your claim include discussing your injuries on social media or failing to track your damages.
- To Get Advice on Medical Care: It’s not uncommon for injury victims to put off their medical care to avoid the cost. If you do this, the insurance company might argue that your own negligence has contributed to your injuries. Your San Elijo Hills personal injury lawyer can evaluate your situation and help you determine how to get the treatment you need.
- To Avoid Making Compromising Statements: Insurance adjusters might seem sympathetic over the phone, but they ultimately represent the insurance company. They’re also well-versed in the most effective ways to get claimants to make compromising statements. If you hire an attorney right away, he or she can handle correspondence with the adjuster on your behalf.
The best time to contact an attorney is immediately after your accident—before you’ve spoken to the insurance company. Your medical care should be your top priority, but once your health has stabilized, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your case.
Speak With Our Experienced San Elijo Hills Personal Injury Legal Team Today: Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
Seeking help from an experienced and well-credentialed attorney is the smartest step you can take after a personal injury or wrongful death in the family. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have represented more than 5,000 clients in tort claims of varying complexity. We’ve received hundreds of positive reviews on Google and other review sites, which is a testament to the high quality of our legal services and our ability to achieve the results our clients deserve.
We know what’s at stake after a serious injury. Our legal team will give you personalized representation from the moment you contact our office to the day your claim is resolved. Schedule a free initial consultation by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS, or use our Contact Page to send us a message online.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|