Santa Clara Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Lawyers
Nothing can turn your life upside down like a serious accident. Rather than being able to focus on your future, you are forced to contend with financial and personal setbacks that can make every day seem like a struggle. The Santa Clara personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers understand the adversity you are facing, and we will do everything we can to help you obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
There’s no secret formula to winning a personal injury or wrongful death case; it takes hard work, negotiation experience, and an in-depth understanding of California tort law. Our attorneys have all three, and we will use every resource at our disposal to give your claim the best possible chance of success.
We are available 24 hours a day to take your call. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free case assessment.
Accident Cases Our Attorneys Handle in Santa Clara
- Train Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Auto Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Dog Bites and Other Animal Attacks
- Turo Accidents
- Serious Burn Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Aircraft Accidents
- Bus Crashes
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
We Have Decades of Experience Negotiating with Insurance Companies
Like any other business, insurance companies tend to put their bottom line before everything else. Even if the claims adjuster is genuinely sympathetic to your situation, the fact remains that he or she represents the insurer—not you.
The Santa Clara personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have seen just how ruthless insurance providers can be when it comes to investigating cases. We can help you stay one step ahead of the claims adjuster and avoid doing or saying anything that might jeopardize your case.
Here are just a few tactics the insurance company might use:
- Offering a Premature Settlement: If you suffered a minor injury that has already healed, your attorney might not be opposed to accepting a settlement early in the proceedings. But if you sustained a back injury, head trauma, or another serious injury that will require ongoing treatment, it is wise to wait until you have reached maximum medical improvement before negotiating for a settlement. The insurance company might offer a payout shortly after the accident; however, if you accept this offer but your medical care turns out to be more expensive than anticipated, you may be left footing the bill out of your own pocket. Also, if the settlement does not include non-economic damages, it might be just a fraction of the total compensation you are owed.
- Delaying the Proceedings: Most people don’t have tens of thousands of dollars saved up in case of emergency. Insurance companies know this, and they are not above taking advantage of a claimant’s vulnerable position by intentionally delaying the proceedings. The logic here is that if claimants fall into severe debt, they may be more likely to accept a low settlement. If you hire a Santa Clara personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will do everything we can to speed up the proceedings and avoid any unnecessary delays.
- Asking Leading Questions During a Recorded Phone Call: Have you already provided a recorded statement to the insurance company? If so, chances are you were asked a series of questions about the cause of your accident and your medical care. Even if you think nothing you said could harm your case, you might be surprised by how the claims adjuster can misrepresent your statements to dispute your claim. The bottom line: You should let your lawyer handle all correspondence with the insurer.
- Arguing Your Injuries Were Preexisting: If you had an injury or medical condition before the accident, the insurance company might argue that your injuries were preexisting. The attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate your case, review your medical history, and even bring in medical expert witnesses to help tie your injuries to the accident.
- Placing You Under Surveillance: You might think the insurance company is too busy to care about your claim, but it is not uncommon for insurers to put claimants under surveillance. If the claims adjuster can capture photos or videos of you participating in strenuous activities against your doctor’s orders, this might be used as evidence to dispute your claim.
These are just a few of the strategies the insurance company might use to challenge your case. The Santa Clara personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you avoid critical mistakes during the proceedings and make sure you are treated fairly from day one.
Speak with Our Santa Clara Personal Injury Legal Team for FREE: Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
We know the thought of filing a personal injury claim can be intimidating, but our attorneys can handle all the logistics of your case so you can focus on your health. When you’re ready to get started, call our office at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our Contact Page to arrange a free initial consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price indication: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|