Santa Paula Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Our Santa Paula personal injury lawyers offer comprehensive legal services to individuals and families who have suffered due to the negligence or intentional wrongdoing of others. If you or someone you love has been injured through the fault of another person, we can help you fight for the compensation you need to get your life back.
Your initial consultation is free, and we won’t charge any attorney’s fees unless we win. Our personal injury law firm is one of the most accomplished in the state of California—with over $300 million recovered for clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a case evaluation today.
Types of Accident Claims Our Injury Attorneys Handle in Santa Paula
- Bicycle Accidents
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Public, Tour, and Other Bus Accidents
- Car Crashes
- Motorbike Accidents
- Accidents Involving Turo Vehicles
- Aircraft Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Falls
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Severe Burns
- Spinal Injuries
- Accidents Involving Rideshare Vehicles
- Train Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Elements to Prove in a Personal Injury Claim
Every personal injury case is unique, but for any claim to be successful, the claimant must be able to prove liability, causation, and damages. The outcome of your claim will ultimately hinge on the strength of the evidence your Santa Paula personal injury lawyer uses to prove those three elements.
- Liability: The term “liability” is generally defined as the state of being legally responsible for something. The defendant in a personal injury case would be considered liable for a claimant’s damages if such damages were caused by the defendant’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing—unless strict liability applies, in which case negligence or intent is not a precondition to obtaining a financial recovery. A person is considered negligent when they breach the duty of care owed to another person, meaning that they acted or failed to act in a way that a reasonable person would have given the circumstances. Strict liability, which applies to certain dog bite and defective product cases, means the defendant can be held liable even without a finding of fault.
- Causation: To prove causation, your Santa Paula personal injury lawyer must be able to show how the defendant’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing was a proximate cause of your damages. If strict liability applies, your attorney will still have to show what caused your damages.
- Damages: You’ll need strong evidence to demonstrate the types of losses you’ve incurred. Personal injury victims in California can seek compensation for their economic damages, which include medical bills, lost income, lost earning capacity, property damage, and other objectively verifiable losses, and non-economic damages, which include emotional distress, lost enjoyment in life, and pain and suffering. The spouse or registered domestic partner of the victim might also be able to pursue compensation for loss of consortium, which is the loss of love, affection, society, protection, moral support, sexual relations, and care. Punitive damages may be available in cases involving fraud, oppression, or malice.
With many decades of combined experience, our Santa Paula personal injury lawyers know what it takes to recover sizeable settlements and verdicts for accident victims. Not only can we handle the logistics of your case, such as filing the necessary paperwork and handling correspondence with the insurance company, but we can also take steps to maximize the potential value of your claim, such as gathering all available evidence of liability and damages, identifying all liable parties, tracking your damages, and helping you avoid mistakes that might lead to a dispute.
What Factors Will Influence the Potential Value of My Claim?
There are several factors that could influence the outcome of your case. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to estimate what a fair settlement might look like until we’ve conducted a detailed investigation.
Below is a brief overview of a few factors that might impact the settlement calculations:
- Your Past and Future Medical Costs: Any healthcare expenses you’ve incurred as a direct result of the accident can be included in your claim, as can medical costs that you’re reasonably certain to incur in the future. The severity of your injuries, the types of treatment needed, and the permanence of your injuries will all influence the potential value of your claim.
- The Amount of Income You’ve Lost: Any wages you’ve lost due to your injuries might be recoverable. Your claim can also account for any loss of future earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from returning to the same profession.
- Miscellaneous Costs You’ve Incurred: Did you have to invest in domestic assistance, home modifications, or other necessities as a result of your injuries? These miscellaneous costs might be recoverable.
- The Nature of the Defendant’s Misconduct: Punitive damages may be warranted if the defendant acted with malice, oppression, or fraud.
Set up a Free, Confidential Consultation with Our Santa Paula Personal Injury Lawyers
Contact our office today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or fill out our contact page to schedule a case review. We will come to you if you are unable to come to us.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|