A serious accident can change your life in lasting ways. Our Seaside personal injury attorneys can help you fight for the compensation you deserve after suffering an injury or the wrongful death of a loved one due to another person’s misconduct. We have achieved numerous six- and seven-figure settlements and verdicts for clients throughout California. Our lawyers have many decades of combined experience negotiating with insurance companies and litigating complex cases. We offer free consultations and accept cases on a contingency fee basis. To discuss your claim with a member of our team, call us today at 800-GO-HARRIS.
Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle in Seaside, California
- Motorbike Collisions
- Public, Tour, and Other Bus Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Airplane and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
What If the Person Who Caused My Injuries Is Uninsured?
Insurance companies play a role in the vast majority of personal injury claims. Unfortunately, defendants in these cases rarely have the financial means to pay for the medical bills, lost income, and other damages incurred by victims. For this reason, the financial award in a personal injury case is often limited to the insurance coverage available. If the person who injured you didn’t have insurance, there may still be options for pursuing compensation. For example, if you were hurt in a car accident, perhaps you have an insurance policy that will pay out benefits in this scenario. Examples of such policies include:
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: UM/UIM coverage is optional in the state of California, but auto insurance companies are required to offer it when they sell a liability policy. If you elected to purchase UM/UIM coverage, you can file a claim against that policy if you were hurt in a crash with an uninsured driver, or with a driver whose insurance limits are too low to pay for your losses.
- Collision Coverage: Another optional insurance policy, collision coverage pays for vehicle damage after a crash involving another vehicle or object. If the at-fault driver doesn’t have property damage liability coverage, your collision coverage might pay for vehicle repairs.
- Medical Payments Coverage: “Med Pay” coverage helps pay for healthcare costs after an accident no matter who was at fault.
One of our Seaside personal injury attorneys can assess your insurance policies and help you determine the most strategic way to proceed. We can also perform an investigation to find out if the at-fault party has sufficient financial means to justify a lawsuit, or if there are other parties who might share liability for the crash. Under California’s joint and several liability law, a single defendant can be held liable for 100 percent of a personal injury claimant’s economic damages even if they were only partially at fault for the accident.
Recoverable Damages in Personal Injury Cases
If you were injured through no fault of your own in California, you might be entitled to compensation for all resulting economic and non-economic damages. The types of damages you can pursue and their value will depend on the circumstances, but generally speaking, the following damages might be available to personal injury victims:
- Past and Future Medical Costs: You shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for surgeries, rehabilitation, and other healthcare expenses caused by someone else’s misconduct. Fortunately, these costs can be included in your claim. Our Seaside personal injury lawyers can help you account for all medical bills that you’ve already incurred and those that you’re reasonably certain to incur in the future.
- Lost Wages: If you couldn’t return to work due to your injuries, any income you lost might be recoverable. If your injuries have reduced your earning capacity, our attorneys can help you pursue compensation for loss of future earnings. If necessary, we can bring in economic and vocational experts to provide testimony.
- Non-Economic Damages: People who sustain severe injuries may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering. If you endured serious emotional trauma due to a physical impact or shock that has produced a physical disorder, emotional distress damages might also be available. If your injuries are preventing you from enjoying your favorite hobbies or attending social events, or if they’ve otherwise reduced your quality of life, you might be entitled to hedonic damages. And if your spouse sustained an injury or died, it may be possible to recover compensation for loss of consortium.
In cases involving fraud, oppression, or malice, punitive damages might also be warranted. Our lawyers can make sure your claim accounts for all potentially recoverable losses.
Speak with Our Seaside Personal Injury Lawyers Today: Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
If you’re ready to speak with an attorney about your case, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact form to setup a free, no-obligation consultation.