Simi Valley Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in Simi Valley or elsewhere in Ventura County, California, we recommend contacting our Simi Valley personal injury lawyers before talking with an insurer. After an accident caused by another person’s carelessness, recklessness, or intentional misconduct, you may have the right to pursue compensation. You can take steps to hold the at-fault party responsible and demand they compensate you for your physical, emotional, and financial injuries. Those steps may include filing a personal injury lawsuit, though the most common route is an insurance claim. Many of personal injury claims are resolved through insurance settlements. However, it is important to have a Simi Valley accident lawyer help you obtain the best settlement possible instead of being pushed to accept a low-ball offer.
When you handle the insurance claim on your own, you are less likely to obtain a payout and less likely to fully maximize your financial recovery. We want to improve your chance of receiving as much as possible. Contact us through our online form or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free, no-risk consultation.
The Types of Claims Our Simi Valley Personal Injury Attorneys Accept
- Auto Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Scooter Injury Claims
- Airplane Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Claims
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Claims
- Severe Burn Injury Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
- Slip and Falls
- Dog Bite and Animal Attacks
- Other Personal Injury Claims
- Wrongful Death Claims
Let Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Simi Valley Help You
After a serious accident that causes you harm, there is suddenly a lot to deal with. You need to get the best medical care you can. You may be admitted to the hospital after the accident, yet even when you are released, your medical needs are not finished. You may need to go back and forth to doctors, undergo significant medical procedures, go through physical therapy, and fill several prescriptions. On top of your daily medical care, you are out of work. This naturally has you worried about paying your normal and medical bills. How can you cover your deductible and keep paying the mortgage or rent while you are out of work? You may be able to go back to work, yet still have sticker shock when the medical bills arrive.
To address the financial repercussions of an unexpected accident, call our Simi Valley personal injury lawyers as soon as possible. To begin with, we make sure you receive the medical care you need to recover as fully as possible. We also work with your medical providers to avoid your unpaid bills being sent to collections. In some situations, we are able to have your bills put on hold until you receive a settlement.
To achieve the best possible settlement, we take certain steps for each of our clients, including:
- Conducting independent and thorough investigations: After a serious accident, you may or may not know what happened and why. Whatever you think happened, we are going to investigate. We will gather as much evidence as possible to identify what conduct caused the accident and who is responsible. This will also point us toward who is liable for compensating you for your injuries, which could be a motorist, a vehicle owner, an employer, a property owner, a manufacturer, or another individual or business.
- Calculating your damages: “Damages” is the legal term for your physical, psychological, and financial injuries connected to the accident and your injuries. When you pursue compensation through a personal injury lawsuit or an insurance claim, you need to have a clear picture of what your case is worth. The best way to understand the value of your damages is to work with an experienced Simi Valley personal injury attorney who has experience analyzing and calculating medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement, disability, and other injuries.
- Litigating your claim: You may not want to deal with a lengthy court case or go to trial. We understand most people’s aversion to litigation. However, we may recommend filing a personal injury lawsuit in order for us to obtain more evidence through discovery. In addition to discovery being an investigatory tool, filing a lawsuit also shows the other party that we are serious about recovering your compensation.
- Negotiate a settlement: All of the steps we take leading up to settlement negotiations are important. That place us in a strong position to demand a certain amount of compensation. But when it comes down to it, you need a lawyer who is confident in their negotiation skills and experience. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our team has a reputation for negotiating fair settlements for our clients.
Our Simi Valley Accident Attorneys Have a Successful Track Record
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are proud to be able to say we have helped more than 5,000 people obtain more than $300 million in court rulings and settlements. To talk with us and see if we are right for you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact us online.