Sunnyvale Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
After a serious injury, it can be difficult to find a law firm you can trust to invest time and effort into your case. The Sunnyvale personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have built a reputation on providing comprehensive representation with an emphasis on detailed investigations.
We take the time to interview eyewitnesses, file subpoenas for evidence, and bring in expert witnesses if necessary. Although each case is unique, we always prepare for settlement negotiations as if we are going to trial. This approach has helped us recover more than $300 million for clients in settlements and verdicts.
You won’t have to pay anything upfront to take advantage of our legal services. For a free case review, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Accident Cases Our Lawyers Handle in Sunnyvale, California
- Motor-Vehicle Accidents
- Train Crashes
- Bicycle Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs)
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Rideshare Accidents
- Aircraft Accidents
- Dog Bites and Other Animal Attacks
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Bus Crashes
- Premises Liability
- Slips and Falls
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
The Right Time to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
The thought of filing a personal injury claim can be intimidating. The last thing you want to do after a serious accident is deal with complicated paperwork and a ruthless insurance company. But the longer you wait to file your claim and start the investigation, the more likely it will be that critical evidence will disappear.
The best time to consult a Sunnyvale personal injury attorney is immediately after a severe injury or wrongful death in the family. Not only will your lawyer perform an immediate investigation, but he or she can also answer your questions, which can greatly reduce any stress and anxiety you feel about the proceedings. Knowing what to expect over the coming months and how your lawyer will represent your interests can make it easier to focus on more important matters such as your health and your family.
Here are a few more reasons to consult a personal injury attorney as soon as possible:
- Helps You Avoid Mistakes: There are countless mistakes you could make that might harm your case. For instance, if you post a photo of yourself on social media, this may be used by the insurance company to dispute the extent of your injuries. If you miss any doctor’s appointments or fail to fill your prescriptions, the insurer might argue that your own negligence has contributed to the severity of your injuries. The claims adjuster will look for any possible reason to dispute your claim, but a seasoned attorney can help you avoid critical errors from day one.
- Handles Correspondence with the Insurer: When the insurance adjuster contacts you, any statements you provide may be used to challenge your case. Simply saying that you are able to walk around and that you feel better could be used to dispute the severity of your injuries. A Sunnyvale personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can handle all phone calls with the claims adjuster so you don’t end up saying something that harms your case.
- Ensures You Meet All Relevant Deadlines: In the state of California, all personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits must be filed before the relevant statute of limitations has passed. The deadline can vary depending on who caused your injuries and how they happened, but you might have just a few months from the date of injury to initiate the proceedings. Our attorneys can help you meet all deadlines.
“How Do I Find out How Much My Case Is Worth?”
No attorney can estimate the potential value of your claim without performing a thorough investigation. The sooner you consult a lawyer, the faster you might know what a fair settlement may look like. Of course, if you sustained severe injuries, your lawyer might not know the full extent of your damages until you have reached maximum medical improvement, and it may be necessary to bring in medical and financial experts to assist with the settlement calculations.
In the meantime, learning the types of damages available in these cases might help to put your mind at ease.
Depending on the facts surrounding your case, you might be able to pursue compensation for:
- Economic Damages: Healthcare bills, lost income, lost earning capacity, property repairs, home care, and other objectively verifiable losses;
- Non-Economic Damages: Pain and suffering, loss of life enjoyment, emotional distress, and loss of consortium; and
- Punitive Damages: May be recoverable if the defendant acted with fraud, oppression, or malice.
Speak With Our Sunnyvale Personal Injury Law Firm Today
If you’re searching for a seasoned attorney to help you navigate the claims process, turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We have helped thousands of clients and recovered over $300 million in monetary awards. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact page to schedule a free, no-obligation case assessment.